• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

I think most professional players can hit the target from 20 yards out when not marked or closed down

But apologies if I offended your delicate sensibilities pertaining to Harvey Elliott.

What a weird thing to get upset about

No one is upset. Most fans are excited. We won. It is novel to United. He hit a banger. Most professional players don’t hit that from 20 out in matches. But I guess continue your Bruno like petulance after a nightmare day?

Shit team, their players have lost it, rolling around on the field at the slightest touch and surrounding the ref trying to earn every decision. Used to sorta like Arsenal but this version is miserable.
It was definitely frustrating to watch at times today

Demonbeck, dude, please read what others post on here and don't just come in hot from twitter like you just discovered some novel concept.

I think everyone that posts on this thread says that the level of refereeing in England is sub-standard and needs to improve.

People call Arsenal fans whiners because you lot act like it only happens against your club.

I don't understand how you cannot understand that very simplistic differentiation but it seems to not get through to you or any other Arsenal supporter....on this board or otherwise. The softest and most complainy fanbase about decisions across any sport that I follow (so that excludes NHL and NBA within the US). And, for the record, the idiot Cowboys fans across this nation push that group well into the top-5...likely top-3 with UNC basketball fans. Just so whiny.

Szobo has been excellent for us,but I do wonder if fatigue is hitting him a bit. Cooled off of late. This has given Elliot a chance and I’m glad to see him take advantage of it. His energy has been noticeable last few matches.

thats brutal schedule upcoming for United. Do you think ETH survives? Or does the locker room strike again?

Legit funny

Fuck these players. I'm done with them. And I like a couple of them but I wouldn't shed a tear about a single one if they got sold. Done with them all.

EtH is going to get sacked and the same bullshit cycle will repeat itself with whatever next manager thinks they can fix this broken club that is rotten on the inside due to decades of negligence.

The fact that SAF won, even with these owners, is a testament to how good of a football manager he truly was.

And Ratcliffe buying a quarter of the club is not the solution.

Man United had an amazing run since I started following them in 1996 (honestly before that, but I'm making a point here!) And 2013, when SAF retired.

So I guess they are now Liverpool in the 90s and 2000s. So big of a club that they'll cobble together some amazing cup runs but never a serious League Title contender.

It is what it is.

Szobo has been excellent for us,but I do wonder if fatigue is hitting him a bit. Cooled off of late. This has given Elliot a chance and I’m glad to see him take advantage of it. His energy has been noticeable last few matches.

thats brutal schedule upcoming for United. Do you think ETH survives? Or does the locker room strike again?
Stories will be leaked Monday, if not tomorrow, by the snakes in the dressing room.

EtH is on borrowed time. I'd keep him but I don't think they have the stones to tell all those players, "fuck you lot, he's our guy. Follow him or get out."

He should do things the right way. Issue a stern statement. Stomp his feet. Pout. Tell the world how ashamed you are to be part of the EPL. Ya know…come on Roy. Grow up
Arteta's post match interview was a joy today

"No comment."

"I have opinions. Big opinions."

But wouldn't give them. He has quickly become as whiny as Wenger was post Thierry when they stopped winning things.

Arteta's post match interview was a joy today

"No comment."

"I have opinions. Big opinions."

But wouldn't give them. He has quickly become as whiny as Wenger was post Thierry when they stopped winning things.
Arteta is a joke post game. I’m sure he’s a good manager but just an insufferable person to listen to.

Windy would have LOVED listening to Wenger circa 2011-2018

ETA this PEAK Wenger moment at Old Trafford after he got sent off. Amazing scenes.

wenger-old-trafford.jpg

Last edited:
And, to be fair, SAF bitched about the refs plenty too. But his always felt targeted before key matches to me looking to get a decision to go United's way in the next match.

Wenger was doing that too in the 90s but lost his way as Arsenal stop being a top dog.

The worst SAF ever acted was after the Nani red card vs Real Madrid at Old Trafford in 2013. He refused to speak to the press he was so upset.

Rightfully so, IMO, as that was a horrible and unjustifiable decision that completely changed the trajectory of that tie. United and Real were 1-1 after playing in Spain and United were 1-0 up at home when Nani saw a ball going over his shoulders, so he stuck his leg out to settle it, it caught Miguel... oh what was he name? Salado? Salgado? Something like that. And watching live I knew it was a yellow because Nani was careless but there was no force in it. Nothing malicious in it tho as Nani's eyes never once left the ball, he simply didn't think about the Real RB closing in as the ball sort of hovered in the air.

Then the ref from Turkey showed red. I lost my mind at the bar (took that afternoon off). Sir Alex did too. Remains one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. No chance that was a straight red. Just no fucking chance. But that ref didn't have it in for Man United. He just made a very poor decision. And I don't recall him refereeing any other Champions League knockout rounds since then, but maybe I missed them?

What we didn't know is WHY that pissed Sir Alex off so much. He knew he was going to announce his retirement at the end of the season so this was his last chance to capture a 3rd European Cup. And it was stolen from him.

Jose Mourinho, Real Madrid's manager at the time, in his post-match press conference said the decision was awful and that the better side on the night lost due to a bad refereeing performance.

Windy would have LOVED listening to Wenger circa 2011-2018

ETA this PEAK Wenger moment at Old Trafford after he got sent off. Amazing scenes.

wenger-old-trafford.jpg

Using this example to explain why Arsenal fans are convinced there is a separate standard set for them is perfect. Arsene Wenger was sent off for kicking a water bottle on his sideline after a goal was disallowed. Not for berating a ref, not for kicking a water bottle onto the field, for kicking a water bottle in his area and having it remain on his sideline.

We as a fan base have seen our players sent off and a PK given for having an opponent tap our player with their trailing boot on a breakaway. We watch other teams hold our goalie and have goals count. We watch other teams intentionally elbow our players (twice this year) in the head and not have that properly punished before or after the game. The list goes on and i assume you get the picture.

Yet we see other teams have these same calls overturned. we see our players getting punished more harshly for the same infractions. Not just on occasion, but regularly and for years. And it has been getting worse since VAR was installed. It is ridiculous either how obvious the bias against us is or how we have a different standard set for us.

I don't know if we get treated this way because we have a foreign coach, or what, but the English media seems to get some perverse joy out of it. These same things happen to Liverpool or ManU and it is a national crisis. When they happen to Arsenal, it's because we whine about everything.

What is an Arsenal fan to do? Just accept the mistreatment and move on? Shrug our shoulders and accept it? Sorry, thats not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using this example to explain why Arsenal fans are convinced there is a separate standard set for them is perfect. Arsene Wenger was sent off for kicking a water bottle on his sideline after a goal was disallowed. Not for berating a ref, not for kicking a water bottle onto the field, for kicking a water bottle in his area and having it remain on his sideline.

We as a fan base have seen our players sent off and a PK given for having an opponent tap our player with their trailing boot on a breakaway. We watch other teams hold our goalie and have goals count. We watch other teams intentionally elbow our players (twice this year) in the head and not have that properly punished before or after the game. The list goes on and i assume you get the picture.

Yet we see other teams have these same calls overturned. we see our players getting punished more harshly for the same infractions. Not just on occasion, but regularly and for years. And it has been getting worse since VAR was installed. It is ridiculous either how obvious the bias against us is or how we have a different standard set for us.

I don't know if we get treated this way because we have a foreign coach, or what, but the English media seems to get some perverse joy out of it. These same things happen to Liverpool or ManU and it is a national crisis. When they happen to Arsenal, it's because we whine about everything.

What is an Arsenal fan to do? Just accept the mistreatment and move on? Shrug our shoulders and accept it? Sorry, thats not going to happen.

Stop being a whiny cunt. That's step 1.

I feel dumber about soccer after reading this.

You are probably right. It’s a giant conspiracy against Arsenal because of the Spanish manager.

Back