• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Oh boy, I just peeped the United lineup for today.

Onana
Dalot-Casemiro-Evans-AWB
Eriksen - Mainoo
Mount
Antony-Hojlund-Garnacho

And there is obviously very little on the bench. Palace is going to run wild. I predict absolute scenes today.

the injury list is just absurd. this season from hell just won't end

1715021536690.png

I didn't like the Mason Mount transfer but he's been worse than I even feared. Just an average player. At best.

Olise scores. Casemiro continues to show his age and that his best days are so far behind him.

Jesus that defending was just so poor ... why is Casemiro diving into a tackle 40 yards from goal as a CB? He cannot do that when playing as a CB. Then nobody else even bothered to stop Olise from dribbling the ball. Just so bad.
I hate this team

More absolutely horrid defending. Evans showed his age and got killed.

2-0 Palace. And this time it was Evans' turn to get skinned far out from goal allowing a great chance.

Gross. Might not bother to watch the 2nd half. This is just depressing.

Wait....hold up. EtH didn't make any changes at HT? lol WUT

Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, and AWB were all passengers that opening 45, yet none got yanked. Does EtH want to get sacked?

Wait....hold up. EtH didn't make any changes at HT? lol WUT

Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, and AWB were all passengers that opening 45, yet none got yanked. Does EtH want to get sacked?
I get the feeling that he's resigned to the fact that nothing can save his job at this point

Casemiro once again embarrasses himself. 4-0.
Onana not covering himself in glory either...

his footwork before shots are taken is so poor, so he gets no lift to his dives. very flawed keeper

I, for one, am very much looking forward to you guys firing EtH tomorrow and getting the sickest dead cat bounce with an interim this weekend to kill our title chances.

nah, EtH will be the manager through the FA Cup Final.

also, I'm looking forward to ARsenal and Newcastle cementing Man United finishing with a negative goal difference in the league for the first time since I was born. FUN!

Onana not covering himself in glory either...

his footwork before shots are taken is so poor, so he gets no lift to his dives. very flawed keeper
He's just not very good. And United is stuck with him for a while because they won't be able to get much of their money back if they try and move him on.

He's just not very good. And United is stuck with him for a while because they won't be able to get much of their money back if they try and move him on.
And just a friendly reminder that United could have had him for free two summers ago but instead spent 55mil on him instead this past summer

Sir Jim and company have some long work to do to fix the litany of terrible moves the previous front office did when "constructing" this roster

Mason Mount played 80 minutes and had 1/2 as many touches as both Eriksen and Mainoo, despite Man United having nearly 2/3 of the possession today. Him moving around and becoming available as an option is pretty much the only thing I thought he was good at. Turns out he sucks at that too.

1715028128851.png

Back