• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

We are going to wake up in 2032 and David Raya will still be a Brentford player because no one will pay 40M for him

That's a fair take, Gooner.
No notes.
Yeah a good post. A lot to pay for squad depth when there are other positions of need, but you’re building around a very young title caliber roster so what’s the harm?

I had kind of hoped Liverpool might be in for Timber to do a bit of CB/RB/MF, but seems like they're focusing on left sided guys. I think Timber would have fit perfectly in how Liverpool finished the season.

Not sure I'm super confident about them relying on the fitness of Konate, Matip, and Gomez again.

He can def do the thing Ben White was doing, but I guess I thought they might see Tomiyasu as someone with that profile, too.
Tomiyasu (if he can stay healthy) can slot in at any of the 4 positions across the backline, and may be needed at LB if we move Tierney on without a direct replacement coming in. Obv not ideal but Timber would give the license to do that without stretching the backline too thin.

Timber is miles ahead of Tomiyasu... but he is like the one Japanese player that I for some reason don't rate. Hahaha.

Timber is miles ahead of Tomiyasu... but he is like the one Japanese player that I for some reason don't rate. Hahaha.
I like Timber more than Tomiyasu but that’s says more about Timber to me. Tomiyasu is very good, just needs to stay healthy. Hopefully this year he doesn’t get injured right at the end of preseason and spend months trying to get back.

All the (deeply, deeply incorrect) takes about how City don't spend that much money are going to look even sillier when they drop 100M+ each on Gvardiol and Rice, plus the 30M they already spent on Kovacic and then whoever else they decide they want.

All the (deeply, deeply incorrect) takes about how City don't spend that much money are going to look even sillier when they drop 100M+ each on Gvardiol and Rice, plus the 30M they already spent on Kovacic and then whoever else they decide they want.
They spend an ungodly, untold amount outside of transfer fees, probably a lot/most under the table, too, it's filthy.

But love to say: look we only spent X on Haaland, Hahahahah, while dude has some offshore account set up and is getting like 900k a week. Pep, too.

I mean, they're worth it, but it's still dirty. Enforcement just has no teeth, so why not. They'll skate on everything.

Can the totally not Qatari state sponsored bid for Man United be accepted already?

Tonali's aight -- don't think he's progressed quite as quickly as folks thought, and he's def not a Pirlo-clone like he was promoted as (just from playing for Brescia, I think, mainly -- and dead balls). Not sure he's 70 mil aight, but probably to get him out of Milan that's what had to be done. Good age, good experience, but Italians have kind of a spotty record in England.

I like both of them a lot, and they're definitely both ready to get stuck in, which would help. I think Tonali can be a little rash at times, but not many criticisms.

Love Barella, just think Italians in England can be sus.

I like both of them a lot, and they're definitely both ready to get stuck in, which would help. I think Tonali can be a little rash at times, but not many criticisms.

Love Barella, just think Italians in England can be sus.
Feels like a "[insert Italian here] homesick, looking for move back to Italy" story waiting to happen

Scamacca hasn’t found a good neck tattoo guy in East London yet but I’d give him another season

And this Tonali deal is getting done while he's away at the U21 Euros, so what are you waiting on, Liverpool???? Thuram, Veiga, Kone, Gravenberch, Lavia, Van de Ven...do (some of) it.

Kone and Thuram both starting for France U21 tonight against Tonali and Italy.

Damn, tune in late to see Thuram subbed.

But they’re France, so they’re bringing Rayan Cherki and Michael Olise off the bench.

Still a ton of interesting players on both sides. France up 2-1 after being gifted the go ahead.

Back