• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Yeah, Townie, Caqueret’s hair is a non-starter for me.

But France is insane. They could probably be up a couple more just in the time I’ve watched and Italy has some players, themselves. Need to watch the whole thing later to properly analyze Khephren. Also want to watch more of Barcola, who got France’s 2nd, and Scalvini for Italy.

Niels Nkounkou started for France, too (this is Premier League-related).

France’s keeper just had three insane saves to keep France up one. This is BY FAR my favorite international tournament to watch, every time.

More reporting that City are close to agreeing with West Ham for Rice. Sucks.

Rumors that Arsenal inquiring about Tyler Adams if they can't get Rice

Chance the rumors are coming from and being created by Adams camp. :)
We were rumored for him last summer too but Arteta apparently envisioned him as a RB primarily that would step into midfield and he wasn’t as enthused with that. Either way, a massive step behind Rice who would step into our midfield Day 1

ooohhh reports that the German Federation is talking to Klopp's people about him taking over as their national team boss

that would be quite the plot twist

I think they'd love him, but I think there's about 0% chance of that right now unless there's some serious ownership shit happening.

0% feels pretty low for a guy that I would assume would one day love to manage his country

Probably won't happen now as Klopp likely wants to rebuild Liverpool after the disappointment of last season, but the lure of managing Germany on home soil could prove too much. Could. Less than 50/50 tho

It feels like it’d be tough for a total control type manager to have so little access to his roster for all the non game management aspects of coaching

He's talked about this a number of times, and I think he'd be open to it in a few years, but I would be pretty surprised if he left a year after signing an extension and basically getting to handpick the sporting director.

If FSG sell to someone he thinks is sketchy, that's the only way I could see him bail in the middle of his contract.

Klopp knows that it's a job that he can likely get when the time comes that he wants it. That time is not now.

What do we make of this new FIFA 32 team club World Cup coming to USA in 2025?

What do we make of this new FIFA 32 team club World Cup coming to USA in 2025?
How are they determining which 32 teams are included? Does MLS get wildcard bids?

Yes. Let's force the players to play more and rest their bodies less. Brilliant.

Hope the club tell Chelsea that if this continues anymore they will move on to other targets

That price for a guy with one year left on his contract and saying he won't sign a new one is already crazy inflated

Ohhh, rumors of guy Djordje Petrovic being looked at by Manchester United. He is outstanding but I dont think he'd sign for a club unless he was convinced he was signed as the starter.

Back