• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

8a9d99c225862ed29ef541778c41b519.jpg

9 last year in Serie A

Maybe you're right. Maybe you're not.

But I don't respect you opinion in either case because you've proven to know little about the game.

High comedy.

If me calling Bruno a douchebag qualifies me as knowing little about the game, I’m good with that. Please carry on, champ.

If he stays fit throw my 20th Ev prediction into the garbage
There’s the real prediction we need to make: who has more appearances/minutes/goals between DCL and Martial

Couple of new Liverpool links that could of course be nothing or not even at all legit, but I’m bored of Lavia non-updates.

Murillo (21) from Corinthians: a smallish (5’11-6’) but chonky left center back/left back/maybe? can do a little midfield like Tsimikas has been doing? Kind of reminds me of Facundo Medina (great name) at Lens, who was briefly linked earlier and is also kind of interesting. Corinthians also often has cool shirts — sensing a theme between this and Fluminense, perhaps an under exploited market; not Brazil, but cool shirt clubs.

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall. I’m not a huge fan but perfectly cromulent, English, and left footed. Liverpool love a relegated deal opportunity. I think Klopp may have praised him a bit last year? Some vague wisp of a memory of him saying something in some presser that stood out at the time because it almost seemed like he went out of his way to mention him, but I could be misremembering.

At this point, I’d be fine but maybe a little underwhelmed with Andre/Lavia and these two or some combo.

I wish the Cheick Doucoure links hadn’t completely gone away. Edit - although as I type that he goes down and nearly pops his groin in this Palace/Lyon friendly.

Last edited:
I like KDH for whatever that's worth. He isn't JWP level of relegated midfielders but he does offer something. However, I have to say that Liverpool should be signing better than him.

I thought I read somewhere that the rule had changed so there was a maximum number of years you could use for amortization? Specifically since Chelsea was signing 7 and 8 year deals. Or was that a fever dream?
I know they were looking at capping it due to Chelsea but don’t know if that has been finalized.

Damn, Thelwell has been crushing it in recent years identifying targets. Frustrating the Kenwright/Moshiri combo keep fucking up the business side.

Kudus joins a long list of people we’ve gotten close with over the last couple seasons but got beaten out for.

Branthwaite, Onana, Garner, Patterson all very solid and could end up being sold for 5-10x fees, but it’s still frustrating to see bigger/better run clubs making our moves.

Dewsbury-Hall with 2 great goals to put Leicester in front of Coventry (who missed some huge chances to extend while up and another one when tied), but that rumor was completely made up, apparently, so whatever. I’d still have a look.

Wow, Josh Bowler. Hadn’t thought about him in what I thought seemed like forever, except then I looked it up and in real time it was definitely just 21/22 when he was with Neil Critchley’s Blackpool, who I was semi interested in because Critchley had been Liverpool’s u21 manager. Time man, does some crazy shit. I thought he’d be 30 now or something and he’s just 24.

Since then he was bought by Forest, though, and loaned to Olympiacos, Blackpool, and now Cardiff City in less than two years.

Remember thinking there was something interesting about him (although the ceiling is prob just interesting Championship attacking midfielder).

Back