• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

This has the goal per 141 number. You're leaving out his Champions League goals (and Community Shield, I think).

Don't need to be an average finisher if you generate a ton more chances than the average player, though. As long as he's getting the shots (and Liverpool are getting the 3 points), I'm less concerned with the finishing. Whole team looks way more dangerous when he's out there.

Last edited:
Thought it was weird that fbref didn't have any CL games for Darwin from last year, but I didn't really follow so just guessed Darwin didn't play in the CL. I'm not going to count the Community Shield ever in season stats. That's a friendly. Same for the UEFA Super Cup.

But 4 goals in 401 minutes in CL definitely helps his numbers get closer to that 141 (147 to be exact)

Where are you getting 141 mins per goal? He's scored 14 goals (1 FA Cup last year, 9 Prem last year, 3 Prem this year, 1 Europa this year, which was a penalty) in 2275 minutes. That's 162.5. G+A of 20 (goal or assist every 114 mins.)

also, looking just at his performances in the league he has played 1918 minutes with 12 goals. 1 per every 160 mins played. G+A (16) every 120 minutes. So fairly consistent numbers with the above.

But, Darwin is overperforming his xG with actual goals this year due to his two great finishes against Newcastle where the xG was 0.4 - in the other 5 PL matches Darwin has featured in this season he has played 209 mins, compiled an xG of 2.2 and has scored 1 goal. That is much more in line with his performances last year and shows that Newcastle was likely an outlier creating lots of noise in the data due to small sample of matches played so far this season. 2022/23 PL xG was 12.1. He scored 9. Meaning he scored 3 goals less than an average finisher would have done. Hee. Haw.
He just isn't that good of a good footballer right now. He is an amazing athlete, however.

Copied and pasted from this tweet

wait.... so I looked up and did the math on all those fucking numbers for that donkey and you just copy/pasted a tweet from one of the biggest Liverpool homer journalists out there?!?! well fuck me haha

you SON OF A BITCH. hahaha :ROFLMAO:

wait.... so I looked up and did the math on all those fucking numbers for that donkey and you just copy/pasted a tweet from one of the biggest Liverpool homer journalists out there?!?! well fuck me haha

you SON OF A BITCH. hahaha :ROFLMAO:
He’s the beat writer for both Liverpool clubs. Have never really thought he’s been unfair to Everton.

Joyce might actually be an Evertonian according to some rumors, but you'd never know because he basically never posts an opinion on anything, he just covers his beat. No click bait or anything, just chimes in like five times a month where there's actually news. It's refreshing.

Last edited:
The whole Jadon Sancho thing reportedly started because his team lost a 5 a side in training and the 'punishment' was for the losing players to do 5 push ups.

Sancho did 4. Got called out on it. Erik ten Hag then asked Sancho to do his full 5 push ups. Sancho refused.

And away we went... and Sancho has STILL refused to apologize and is now banned from all 1st team areas and activities at Carrington.

That is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard a professional athlete do or get in a huff about. Dude needs some mental help, clearly. That is completely irrational behavior. Like Antonio Brown irrational.

Chris Richards starting for Palace today vs Man United in the Carabao Cup at Old Trafford. Big moment for him!

Dean Henderson forced off with an injury. Another United youth team keeper, Sam Johnstone, comes on to replace him for Palace.

ALE ALE ALE! Very good cross by Dalot too after a Mount switch to Pellistri who then put in Dalot to the byline
1-0!

Viva Garnacho! Viva Garnacho! Running down the wing, Hear United sing; Viva Garnacho!

Chris Richards starting for Palace today vs Man United in the Carabao Cup at Old Trafford. Big moment for him!
Brilliant slide tackle from Richards to keep Pellistri's shot out and away from the goal. Timed to perfection when it seemed like 2-0 was destined after some great work by Garnacho opening up Palace.

annnnddd all for nothing as Casemiro gets a free header on the ensuing corner and it is 2-0 - Schlupp with awful marking on Case. Great ball by Mount from the corner.

I need to see Amrabat's heat map from this half. The "left back" has been absolutely everywhere. Almost like he has a free role when United are in possession.

I need to see Amrabat's heat map from this half. The "left back" has been absolutely everywhere. Almost like he has a free role when United are in possession.

For real. He’s been all over the pitch. It looks like United are almost playing a back three with Maguire moving to LCB and Amrabat moving into the CB/CDM role. I like seeing the movement.

According to whoscored stats... Amrabat had 75 touches in that 1st half. That's just stupid. hahahahaha. Dude was everywhere.

Once ONE of our three injured LBs are back then he needs to play alongside Casemiro and do the same thing. His energy was infectious today. That all said, thought Palace were poor in the first half (didn't get to watch the 2nd due to a meeting).

Back