• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

My daughter (5) just came into the room and said, "daddy, what's wrong?"

"United aren't playing well."

"come on, United!," she said.

"come on, United!," I replied.

"daddy, who is the blue team?"

"Aston Villa."

(30 seconds later)
"I like Aston Villa now because they are winning. COME ON ASTON VILLA!"

My soul. It is crushed! haha
Don't worry, y'all, as I know you all were

She's back in daddy's good graces with United pulling some magic out of the 1990s hat somehow today. I actually think she might have just started to fall in love a bit with watching the sport on TV today. She was freaking out almost as much as I was on the equalizer. She had fucked off to play Smash Brothers for the winner! lol

At least we know January CB will happen now
The interesting thing is Spurs have a really light January
2 PL fixtures….15th and 31st
2 FA Cup fixtures. The 5th v Burnley and another the weekend of the 31st which would bump their PL fixture. So 3 games in January really.

No Bissouma, no Sarr due to AFCON. No Son due to Asian Cup.

Spurs play Man United on the 14th. But if their players show up on the 15th that would be cool with me!

If only United had a top quality striker....

ETA:

IF ONLY UNITED HAD A TOP QUALITY STRIKER....

Last edited:
Well and truly beaten today after an excellent first half. Sucks to play a team who can lose a John Stones in the first half and put on a Gvardiol, always an embarrassment of riches, even without The Machine playing.

Annoyed that their penalty didn’t even get reviewed by VAR, that’s one I’ve seen deliberated lots of times and gone either way due to how close the ball kicker was to arm hit, but whatever. Again annoying City players were allowed to ask the ref for cards and surround the official, both things Everton have been carded for by this official this season. The other two City goals were bangers tho.

Not mad at recent losses given who we’ve played and the xG and how we looked for stretches, still a long way to go to improve the team.

Just one blurry photo from the reverse fixture for a moan, this wasn’t given against City after long VAR review and Onana’s today was, again after the ball was played about 2 yards away from him

1703726256730.jpeg

Bottom of the table in penalties received and opponent red cards last season, still yet to receive a penalty or have an opponent receive a red against us this season. Ho hum.

Just one blurry photo from the reverse fixture for a moan, this wasn’t given against City after long VAR review and Onana’s today was, again after the ball was played about 2 yards away from him

View attachment 7426

Bottom of the table in penalties received and opponent red cards last season, still yet to receive a penalty or have an opponent receive a red against us this season. Ho hum.
Bournemouth hadn't received a penalty in 607 days until Tuesday so the bolded is untrue. Hope you're doing well, @TownieDeac.

Back