• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Champions League Thread 2014-2015 (non-dv7 Topic)

Were stupid, were stupid, were stupid, and that's the way we like it, we like it, we... what's the next words?

Billionaire Russian owner gives zero fucks about being racist

John "Black Cunt" Terry is the club's captain. Nobody is surprised by this awful display of miserable humanity from Chelsea supporters. Such a vile club. Anybody that supports Chelsea needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

I hate Chelsea but I don't think it's reasonable to paint an entire fan base as racist based on the behavior of a subset of fans, no matter how vile and offensive they may be. When I studied abroad in London, I attended 5 or 6 Chelsea games (I lived nearby in Earl's Court) and I never once witnessed anything resembling racism or any other kind of hate speech. Vad is certainly right that there is a history of incidents that have to be taken into account but the idea that it represents the entire fan base is nonsensical.

Nor do I think John Terry should be judged based on this incident, or any other incident of fan behavior. His own actions are worthy of scrutiny, no doubt about that.

The fact that the incidents keep repeating themselves is the reason why I would take a long look in the mirror if I was a Chelsea supporter. Would I really want to be associated with such repeated behavior?

A lot of Chelsea hate on this board. This has more to do with awful human beings than a football club.

Hunterlaar's leg injury bad? Didn't see anything, just seeing on twitter he was taken straight to hospital.

That said...

More Chelsea fans arrested for racist chants than any other Premier League club, Home Office stats reveal

28 arrests for racist or indecent chanting have been recorded since the start of the 2001-02 Premier League season.

Stoke are the next team with 26 recorded incidents, but that includes their time in the Championship and League One.

Leeds, Sunderland and West Ham have all encountered 25 arrests for the same offence, while the next club that has spent the past 13 seasons in the top flight is Tottenham with 18 fans detained by police.
The Hammers suffered the most arrests in a single season with 9 fans detained, with that season seeing the crackdown on anti-Semitic chanting towards Tottenham come to light after sections of the West Ham support abused their opposition.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...e-club-home-office-stats-reveal-10056572.html

Premier League club-by-club arrests for racist or indecent chanting over last 13 years

Arsenal -- 13
Aston Villa -- 19
Burnley -- 14
Chelsea -- 28
Crystal Palace -- 12
Everton -- 12
Hull -- 7
Leicester -- 5
Liverpool -- 10
Man City -- 9
Man United -- 9
Newcastle -- 14
QPR -- 6
Southampton -- 4
Stoke -- 26
Swansea -- 6
Sunderland -- 25
Tottenham -- 18
West Brom -- 10
West Ham -- 25

I mean.... Seems like Europe in general is just racist as hell

I mean.... Seems like Europe in general is just racist as hell

Even some of the nicest, kindest, and well-traveled people I knew in the UK were secretly very racist. They were all like old-timey southerner racist. Like still whisper derogative words under their breaths and stuff.

Even some of the nicest, kindest, and well-traveled people I knew in the UK were secretly very racist. They were all like old-timey southerner racist. Like still whisper derogative words under their breaths and stuff.

same experience

As much as the US needs to work on these social issues, it always seems like we're lightyears ahead of the rest of the world

As much as the US needs to work on these social issues, it always seems like we're lightyears ahead of the rest of the world

Well, in the UK at least, it's not just racism -- they also have terrible xenophobia (especially against immigrant Poles) and islamaphobia, in general.

Back