• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Summer Transfer Thread 2018 (NWT), Window Closes August 9

Godin's agent tells United his client wants to play at Old Trafford
Ed Woodward puts in offer activating Godin's release clause
Atletico immediately offer Godin a new contract
New contract signed
Ed Woodward looks like a dick. Again.

I remember when Everton supporters on here were circle jerking over Michael Keane. That was fun.

Yeah we were WRONG about that guy. But we were right about Pickford, you haters.

If the rumors are true, Everton are going to win Deadline Day. Bernard, Mina, Andre Gomes and Zouma all said to be completed.

As much as I hate Barca, it’s nice to get their castoffs in lieu of the normal ManU trash that gets sent our way.

Have Spurs signed anyone this window yet?

And quick follow up -- does Daniel Levy know about the new deadline day or is he hibernating until August 31st?

30 mins into NBCSN’s Deadline show and all they’ve talked about is pouty Jose and England’s World Cup run. Lame.

Bernard IN
Mina IN
Gomes IN
Zouma?

Add in Richarlison and Digne

Get excited Siff, Townie (rip), MikeDrum and anyone else.

James Tyler having fun on Twitter with Everton.

“Everton's transfer strategy appears to be "players who are available and play soccer"”

“Everton are also strongly linked with PLAYER YOU'VE HEARD OF, PLAYER FROM BIG CLUB THAT DOESN'T WANT HIM and BIG GAMBLE”

Yeah it seems the usual Sky Six cock suckers are giving us shit for actually trying to improve our squad, which is not surprising. Very similar to the way that Wake is treated by the NC media.

I like all 3 Barca guys Everton brought in. Gomes was completely awful at Barcelona but I thought he was a pretty good signing when he came from Valencia so maybe he’ll shake it off at Everton

Manchester United did not follow through with some of José Mourinho’s transfer targets because of misgivings about the players he had identified and a decision, from the top of the club, that he should not be allowed to get his way if it meant potentially wasting tens of millions of pounds on a short-term fix.

As the transfer window closed on Thursday with no more arrivals at Old Trafford, new details have emerged that highlight the differences between an increasingly disaffected manager and the people above him, primarily the executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, in terms of the players on Mourinho’s wishlist and whether they would have been worth the money.

To Mourinho’s intense irritation, United’s conclusion was that in most cases he had targeted defenders who were no better than those they already had and who, in today’s inflated market, could conceivably have cost upwards of £70m without vastly improving the team.

Mourinho’s enthusiasm for Harry Maguire was not shared by the Old Trafford decision-makers and when the club approached Leicester they were put off by the kind of fee that would have been necessary to sign the England international in the wake of Virgil van Dijk’s £75m transfer from Southampton to Liverpool last season.

The interest in Maguire was abandoned and, for all the speculation linking Toby Alderweireld with Old Trafford, the truth is there has been only one conversation between Woodward and the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, Daniel Levy, throughout the summer. That was Levy calling Woodward to ask about two of United’s players, one being Anthony Martial. Woodward wants to keep Martial and that, again, is a serious issue between club and manager.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...united-veto-jose-mourinho-wishlist-cash-fears

Back the manager or sack the manager.

Mourinho has fucked up this summer.
Woodward has fucked up this summer (and many others).
The Glazers are fucking up results of what I assume are many years of incest.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to call for the heads to roll, DV7. The season is coming!

Or I could just shout out WORKING CLASS CLUB over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Joel Campbell, 26 years old, moves from Arsenal to Frosinone who are moving up to Serie A this season.

Back