• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Summer Transfer Thread 2018 (NWT), Window Closes August 9

Poch now saying he doesn't know if Spurs sign anyone or not. Imagine he's pretty frustrated.

Great not to lose any of our top guys but when was the last time a club with title ambitions didn't sign a single player over the summer? Not to mention our CMs are in triage at the moment.

And we haven't sold TOBY or Moose yet? Who fucking knows?

Spurs hadn't signed a single person before the last week of the window last summer. And then broke the club transfer record and got 4 players in (Sanchez, Foyth, Aurier & Llorente) during the last 7 days of the window. It's just how Spurs work, never understood why everyone throws a shit fit literally ever summer when it happens.

Next summer Spurs won't sign anyone until about a week left in the window. And the summer after that. Just plan for it.

Spurs hadn't signed a single person before the last week of the window last summer. And then broke the club transfer record and got 4 players in (Sanchez, Foyth, Aurier & Llorente) during the last 7 days of the window. It's just how Spurs work, never understood why everyone throws a shit fit literally ever summer when it happens.

Next summer Spurs won't sign anyone until about a week left in the window. And the summer after that. Just plan for it.

Saw somewhere that your stadium is running behind and 400M over budget. That could explain it.

Window is three weeks shorter this year so Spurs might want to hurry up. I wonder if Poch knows this.

Saw somewhere that your stadium is running behind and 400M over budget. That could explain it.
No, that's some report where they added the 350-400m for the hotel, houses, grocery store and the rest of the whole development project to the cost of the Stadium and compared them.

Stadium is roughly 30-50m overbudget according to last published figures. Total project including everything is going to be right around £850m. Stadium is 450-500m of that.

Rumors of Aaron Ramsey to Barcelona in exchange for Ousmane Dembele to Arsenal. Makes little sense for Ramsey to take Dembele's place on the bench, especially after the Malcolm signing. Ramsey only has one year left on his Arsenal contract.

Also, Roma are pretty unhappy about the way Malcolm moved from Bordeaux to Barcelona after they had struck a deal for his transfer to Roma. https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/football/roma-malcom-barcelona-bordeaux-transfer-spt-intl/index.html

Would Barca give up on Dembele so soon after spending over 100m on him?

Well, he didn't get many opportunities last year and they just signed Malcolm, who more/less plays the same position. Dembele has reportedly voiced displeasure with the Malcolm signing through his representatives.

Dembele might create a logjam on the wing for Arsenal as well, versus Ramsey who generally plays more inside.

Dembele was also injured most of last year, but yeah not sure on where things stand with him

Arsenal is also trying to get all of Dortmund's best former players.

They will be playing on the biggest stage of them all ! Arsenal are going to be one of the best teams in the Europa League for the next 5 years...

You joke, but the only reason you hire Unai Emery is if you think the only way you can make the CL is by winning the Europa league

You joke, but the only reason you hire Unai Emery is if you think the only way you can make the CL is by winning the Europa league

That is probably Arsenal's plan anyway.
Last year, one of my bold predictions was that they were not going to finish in the top 6 (I had everton leapfrogging them). Arsenal were only 3 points up over 7th place Burnley at week 36.

I don't think they underachieved last year: I think they solidly the 6th best team in the PL and Emery's plan is probably getting them to win Europa.

I like Vidal a lot but signing a 31 year old coming off knee surgery who would be a questionable fit with Barcelona’s style even in his prime is a WTF

Ashley Williams to Stoke on a season long loan. Assume that means that Everton will be signing a center back.

Back