• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tough loss!!!

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
No moral victories, we should've won that game. However, the fact that the coaches screwed us with the stupid option offense early in the year still pisses me off. We should be 6-2, even after today! Don't get down guys, get over it and get ready to go beat the Orange next Saturday! These guys deserve to be playing in a bowl game this season!!!

they did play well
and this does make me more pissed about the BC and ULM games

but this was a typical fucking wake game

Even with the loss I'm happy. They performed much better than I or anyone else expected.

I'm proud of the way the guys played, but we were in too good of a position to win to be happy.

Even with the loss I'm happy. They performed much better than I or anyone else expected.

Why does losing make you happy? So we played better than you (or any of us) thought they would. But we still lost a game that we could have won. Win games like this and your program gets better over time. We probably won't even go to a bowl. Showing up late to the party and still losing and not going to a bowl game isn't even that big of a moral victory.

I am not happy but it was good football. Shit, fun to watch. ULM BC games drive me nuts, what a clusterfuck.

I agree it was fun to watch us be competitive...if you suspend a lifetime of knowing we would eventually lose this game. Tough game, get 'em next time philosophy is cool if you get some sometimes. We don't. Like someone said on another thread, Miami would have had to coughed up the ball four times in the fourth quarter to give us a shot. We just don't win games without help.

Wake played about as well as they could have, the coaches did a good job today, and gave Wake a chance to win. Miami ultimately out-sized and out-talented Wake, and that is how they won. I think Wake got away from the run a bit too much in the second half, but it ended up being an even game and both teams had a chance to win. Sure, the players should be disappointed in a loss, but I don't think there is much to complain about regarding today's game. The coaching decisions earlier in the season are still fair game, though.

Why does losing make you happy? So we played better than you (or any of us) thought they would. But we still lost a game that we could have won. Win games like this and your program gets better over time. We probably won't even go to a bowl. Showing up late to the party and still losing and not going to a bowl game isn't even that big of a moral victory.

Simple explanation. Lowered expectations.

I agree it was fun to watch us be competitive...if you suspend a lifetime of knowing we would eventually lose this game. Tough game, get 'em next time philosophy is cool if you get some sometimes. We don't. Like someone said on another thread, Miami would have had to coughed up the ball four times in the fourth quarter to give us a shot. We just don't win games without help.

It was good to have that feeling, that excitement again.

@JoshHarris25: Fought hard early, Not hard enough late. We have to finish big games. #WF

Josh wasn't on the field late. I'm sure that's just coincidental to his point though.

@JoshHarris25: Fought hard early, Not hard enough late. We have to finish big games. #WF

Josh wasn't on the field late. I'm sure that's just coincidental to his point though.

#non-factor

It was good to have that feeling, that excitement again.

The TD to Gibson was the first time I've actually audibly shouted in celebration this year.

godfatherbackintwosmlither2.jpg

Wake played about as well as they could have, the coaches did a good job today, and gave Wake a chance to win. Miami ultimately out-sized and out-talented Wake, and that is how they won. I think Wake got away from the run a bit too much in the second half, but it ended up being an even game and both teams had a chance to win. Sure, the players should be disappointed in a loss, but I don't think there is much to complain about regarding today's game. The coaching decisions earlier in the season are still fair game, though.

Well said. The sack in the fourth that took us out of FG range is infuriating.

I don't agree we should have run more but I agree with the rest. Wake's run game is pathetic.

Back