• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tough loss!!!

Well said. The sack in the fourth that took us out of FG range is infuriating.

That's specifically the play I had in mind when I mentioned the run game. Miami had been starting to bring more pressure, so maybe a handoff there would have helped keep the Miami D honest, instead of expecting the pass every down. Still, I think the one play that really turned the game was the long bobbled catch when Miami was pinned deep. Nothing to do about that one. Hopefully the team keeps playing like this, because then they can surely beat Syracuse and Duke, and likely Vandy as well.

If Elrod is actually calling the plays, which I truly believe he is because there's no way this offense is a Lobo offense given what he's called for 11 years, Lobo has to go after this year. Even if he came up with the spread offensive line he's been pathetic.

If Elrod is actually calling the plays, which I truly believe he is because there's no way this offense is a Lobo offense given what he's called for 11 years, Lobo has to go after this year. Even if he came up with the spread offensive line he's been pathetic.

Lobo already stated that the wide splits were Grobe's call. Mike Hoag also mentioned today on the radio broadcast that they had experimented with it in spring ball when he was with Wake, but they ended up scrapping it.

Well that was a bad decision to scrap until three games ago. Yeah so Lobo should be fired, unless he's the one who has been behind this new offense. But I mean...he should have been fired 8 years ago.

God Josh just stop.

dy7epyha.jpg

I feel for Josh...he's played well this year, the offensive line just sucks in rush protection and Harris gets subbed out all the time.

Josh has had his chances to show if can be consistently productive RB, he hasn't. A lot falls on the Oline, but nobody on this team needs that many carries because we are not a good running team. However I did disagree with him being out on our 2nd series after he'd had a good opening series.

I would just say we haven't had a good offensive line at any point in his career. Maybe he could have been amazing, maybe not...I don't know that we'll ever know.

I would just say we haven't had a good offensive line at any point in his career. Maybe he could have been amazing, maybe not...I don't know that we'll ever know.

There's no denying that, but whenever has Josh shown the ability to break tackles like Johnson did today?

Johnson is one of the top running backs in the country IMO. He could easily be somewhere between where he is currently rated and Duke.

Johnson is one of the top running backs in the country IMO. He could easily be somewhere between where he is currently rated and Duke.

Josh is not a tough runner , he needs space and a lot of Oline's don't create a lot of space. It's really moot, we can't run the ball and Josh saying he needs 30 carries a game is stupid

I'm feeling better about how we played after today then I did the last three games last year, when we weren't even competitive.WE SHOULD HAVE WON. There is nothing we can do about it now except learn, and correct what we can. We have to win two out of three (Vandy, Duke, 'Cuse). I feel better about that, then last year when we had to win one out of the last three. Grobe spit the bit then. I think the teams in better shape now.

The coaches fd up on play calling end of first half. They should have run the ball and gone in 17-3

The coaches fd up on play calling end of first half. They should have run the ball and gone in 17-3

My only criticism is not trying to score with a 1:10 left in the half and two timeouts.

Last edited:
@JoshHarris25: Fought hard early, Not hard enough late. We have to finish big games. #WF

Josh wasn't on the field late. I'm sure that's just coincidental to his point though.

Josh isn't as good at catching passes at Dom is - Dom has emerged as our passing back.....

Was it just me or did Dom look like he was running in mud on the TD catch and run. Great job on his part I was just supprised at his lack of speed.

Was it just me or did Dom look like he was running in mud on the TD catch and run. Great job on his part I was just supprised at his lack of speed.

In hindsight it might have been better if he had been tackled inside the 5 and we'd could have taken more time off the clock. Of course we'd have still had to score the TD which wasn't a given. Dom made agreat play, but he did look a little slow.

Miami would have had plenty of time regardless. They scored with 53 sec left and they weren't in a hurry.

It would be interesting if everyone's assumptions about who is running the show are dead wrong. I'll have to ask Jim that when he's back on the golf course.

Back