• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tougher job ahead of him????? ?

...I think maybe it's both...maybe both is happening at the same time.

4bb606a56a56addc93119c310dcf89e8.jpg

...I think maybe it's both...maybe both is happening at the same time.

4bb606a56a56addc93119c310dcf89e8.jpg

I have a hard time remember when the outlook was as bleak going into football and basketball in the same year.

Manning. Our expectations are higher in basketball, and the conference is stronger from top to bottom in basketball.

Manning by a long shot.

Claw has easier competition and lower expectations. If Claw can notch between 6-8 wins a year, which is not a crazy task in the ACC, people will start to forget to Jim Grobe was sooner than expected.

On the other hand, making the tourney almost every year and winning a game or two is the expectation for bball and we have a looong way to go to get there.

Clawson. The world knows we can have sustained success in hoops and still have a recent enough history for putting excellent players in the league.

Swept Tobacco Road last year, bro. - Manning.

Other than last year?

Last year the expectations weren't as bad as this year in football and basketball. I'm talking the media expectations, not ours. Most thought us to be a 4 to 6 win football team last year and most thought the hoops team might make the NIT. Most think the football team is a 2 to 3 win team and the expectations for hoops is horrible.

Really tough call.

Clawson has the edge in fan support, patience and expectations. With that said, a basketball program can turn around with one recruiting class or even one key recruit. While sustained success is much tougher for WF football than basketball, I will call it even because Clawson has a lot more time to turn things around than Manning does before it gets ugly.

Had the thread title included one more question mark though, I'd have to give it to Clawson.

Manning by a long shot.

Claw has easier competition and lower expectations. If Claw can notch between 6-8 wins a year, which is not a crazy task in the ACC, people will start to forget to Jim Grobe was sooner than expected.

On the other hand, making the tourney almost every year and winning a game or two is the expectation for bball and we have a looong way to go to get there.

This

The space between the last 2 question marks threw me off completely and prevented me from answering the question. It was reminiscent of the W AKE issue in the endzone a few years ago.

The space between the last 2 question marks threw me off completely and prevented me from answering the question. It was reminiscent of the W AKE issue in the endzone a few years ago.

I wanted to make sure Townie noticed the added "?"

It was just luck that it serves as a tribute to W AKE as well.

I was going to say Manning until I remembered that we have Wilbekin, Rondale, the Greek Freak, and THE KING CRAB coming to the rescue next year.

Back