• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Towson

If there’s one positive about the defense yesterday was we stopped the run. Hopefully we can slow down Dillon next week.

Based on what we saw from Tulane and Towson St. they may be better than predicted. So what ! Pre-season predictions are mostly fluff and garbage until teams pass the eye test. The simple truth is that as our schedule gets stronger, we certainly need to improve our performance to keep winning. Starts this Sat. with BC. We'll find out a lot more then.

Based on what we saw from Tulane and Towson St. they may be better than predicted. So what ! Pre-season predictions are mostly fluff and garbage until teams pass the eye test. The simple truth is that as our schedule gets stronger, we certainly need to improve our performance to keep winning. Starts this Sat. with BC. We'll find out a lot more then.

Thursday

SportsCenter Top 10 tweeted Bachman's catch what number was it on their list

The point is that they haven't played anybody in one of the toughest divisions in CFB. They've played a middling-to-good AAC team and an FCS team that was picked to finish 10th in a 12-team league.

The point is that the mistakes they're making now become further magnified against any team from the Atlantic Division and Notre Dame.

Conor, I love what you doing with coverage. But do you agree with DeaconSig that we are not good? Are you referring to the ND that played Ball St yesterday?

Conor, I love what you doing with coverage. But do you agree with DeaconSig that we are not good? Are you referring to the ND that played Ball St yesterday?

Thanks sportsmed.

I think it's premature to say Wake "isn't good" and I think there are some serious issues that need to be addressed, and both of those can be true. Obviously this team is overflowing with talent at offensive skill positions (including Hartman, who made several more high-level throws against Towson). And obviously the offensive line is one of, if not the best, OL in the ACC.

But the focus of this team should be on correcting two areas that will only have smaller margin for error. Hartman can't turn the ball over twice a game - that really irks Clawson. And probably more importantly, this defense has to be able to defend passes better. As I wrote, last year in the first half of the year the defense had decent numbers, it was just a matter of surrendering the occasional big play. That morphed into surrendering huge numbers in the second half of the year. They've got to be better. And that's across the board for all levels of the defense. They've got 8 sacks and you could argue they should have about 15. I don't think linebackers have been that bad covering RBs and TEs, but IIRC, Towson's RB dropped a sure TD. And the secondary is thin, but it's also had a bunch of miscommunication, according to Chuck Wade.

The point is, fix this stuff now instead of trying to fix it at halftime when BC already has 300 yards or something.

As for ND - two games in, I'm not sure anybody knows what to make of that team. Wimbush looked great for one half against Michigan, terrible since. He might just ebb and flow throughout his collegiate career.

I said this last season, and it seems to hold true so far this season - I feel like we have a better chance of stopping a team on 3rd and 2 than we do on 3rd and 12.

I was looking at Dortch's recruiting profile, and noticed that he had interest from Towson in HS, but they never offered him a scholarship. Saturday must have felt pretty sweet.

I was looking at Dortch's recruiting profile, and noticed that he had interest from Towson in HS, but they never offered him a scholarship. Saturday must have felt pretty sweet.

Now we know why he plays with a chip on his shoulder. It was the no-offer from Towson.

If Dortch gets about 100 catches and some more good returns, will he turn pro?

Tyreek Hill?

If Dortch gets about 100 catches and some more good returns, will he turn pro?

Tyreek Hill?

Man I hope not for our sake. That kid is too much fun to watch to only have him on the field for 1 1/2 seasons.

Am I the only one that thinks Dortch's straight line speed has improved since last year? Last year when he juked people, it seemed like they would start to close in on him from behind, but most of the time it was too late. This year he seems to be pulling away once he gets in the open. Maybe the level of competition has something to do with it.

Dortch is every bit as quick as Hill if not quicker. In a straight line Greg would get dusted. I bet a couple more years of S&C will help with that.

Am I the only one that thinks Dortch's straight line speed has improved since last year? Last year when he juked people, it seemed like they would start to close in on him from behind, but most of the time it was too late. This year he seems to be pulling away once he gets in the open. Maybe the level of competition has something to do with it.

Dortch is every bit as quick as Hill if not quicker. In a straight line Greg would get dusted. I bet a couple more years of S&C will help with that.

Clear All purpose leader.....

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

Back