• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

And what exactly do you see yourself doing right now ? Debating ?

You just posted an article, dipshit. Every time you get a google alert for one example out of millions of competitions, you come on yourself with excitement to post it on this thread. You're not making any arguments.

Last edited:
And your reaction was to attack the poster without even addressing the article. Good posting.

When you don't have a rational position on an issue just attack the poster. Good for you buddy!

Do you have any information about this cyclist that didn’t come from a clearly editorialized Daily Mail article? If you want to criticize others about having “rational” positions, you shouldn’t start from a clearly biased position.

Biff: transgender athlete bad - debate me.

I, for one, am glad someone has slid into the Colonel Anus role. Needed a new punching bag.

Do you have any information about this cyclist that didn’t come from a clearly editorialized Daily Mail article? If you want to criticize others about having “rational” positions, you shouldn’t start from a clearly biased position.

No, let me dig in and do hours or research on women's mountain biking competitions in New Zealand and I'll get back to you.

You can consider the scenario as presented. Imagine if you and your parents had spend countless hours and tens of thousands of dollars cultivating an interest in competitive mountain biking and then, when you're 20 years old and competing at a high level, some transgendered woman who has been taking shots for a couple of years starts winning all the competitions. Would you not feel slighted ? Do you really find that fair ? And then when the sports governing body provides a division for her to compete in, she complains that's not fair because she won't be able to beat all the other women anymore.

Biff: transgender athlete bad - debate me.

I, for one, am glad someone has slid into the Colonel Anus role. Needed a new punching bag.

I don't care if you debate me or not. And your punches are more like drunken roundhouses that never land anywhere because you're constantly hysterical.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/r...message-haters.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Transgender female who was an average male mountain biker dominates women's competition. Competitive mountain biking association creates an open division (which has been endorsed by many on this thread), and the athlete complains that she won't be able to win anymore, completely ignoring that she has ruined the competition for women.

I bet I am the only person on this board who's ever lost to a trans woman in a sporting event.
Guess what. I didn't care. At all. Not even a little. The woman was a strong rider, sure, but not any more outrageously strong than plenty of women I've raced against and trained with. Hell, in that particular race as Cat 4 cyclists there were three FIELDS of women stronger than us and the winner of our race wouldn't have won in those fields.
The varied ability of female athletes ALWAYS leaves room for you to be beat. I was way more thrilled at my own second place finish because I'd worked my ass off and rode well with my team. I had no concern about the woman on the top step of the podium and her biological attributes. In later finding out that she was trans (which only came out more because a bunch of dickhead male cyclists decided to pick this up as some great case), nobody really asked the women's peloton what we thought/if we cared. Sure, there were a handful of women who didn't think it was right that a "biological male" was in the race... but frankly, those women complaining were also nowhere near in contention of a podium step anyway. There were plenty other strong cisgender women they should be more concerned about. Or, you know, they could just focus on their own training.

Basing your whole exclusive shitty policy on the off-chance that woman may eventually lose to another woman (who happens to be trans) means you just need to do a better job teaching and preparing your children how to lose with grace.

Seems relevant

She's a 35-year old mom who stated that a lot of women had a problem with the winner being transgendered.

No, let me dig in and do hours or research on women's mountain biking competitions in New Zealand and I'll get back to you.
You can consider the scenario as presented.

You can’t both argue for your own ignorance and your own reactionary response. Had you taken the time to read 1 *legitimate* article about this person you would have learned that they started taking hormone blockers at puberty, and the race that they won by 30 seconds only had 2 other competitors, of which the favorite was sick. You could also consider why a person who wasn’t out, but had never gone through male puberty, wouldn’t be having much success in a male sport.

You can consider the scenario as presented. Imagine if you and your parents had spend countless hours and tens of thousands of dollars cultivating an interest in competitive mountain biking and then, when you're 20 years old and competing at a high level, some transgendered woman who has been taking shots for a couple of years starts winning all the competitions. Would you not feel slighted ? Do you really find that fair ? And then when the sports governing body provides a division for her to compete in, she complains that's not fair because she won't be able to beat all the other women anymore.

I would rather have the one in a million chance of this happening than continue to have this be the primary issue in the GOP's platform and red meat for its shitty base used to justify increased discrimination towards the LGBTQ community, leading to new anti-trans/anti-gay laws (your boy DeSantis wants to make it a felony to take children to drag shows), an increase in hate crimes against these communities, and an increase in suicide rates in these communities, etc. But we already know you don't give a shit about that.

You can’t both argue for your own ignorance and your own reactionary response. Had you taken the time to read 1 *legitimate* article about this person you would have learned that they started taking hormone blockers at puberty, and the race that they won by 30 seconds only had 2 other competitors, of which the favorite was sick. You could also consider why a person who wasn’t out, but had never gone through male puberty, wouldn’t be having much success in a male sport.

Sounds like this person would meet the supposedly extremely restrictive standards set by the Olympic swimming committee.

What really grinds my gears is that board trolls like Biff and Plama aren’t uneducated Kentucky jug hooters getting red pilled by grandmas Facebook memes. They are just cruel and lazy. They have the opportunity and ability to consider both sides of an issue, they just choose not to, which is IMO much worse than a genuinely ignorant Republican voter.

I have now read multiple articles and have not seen that she started taking hormone blockers at puberty. The best that I can piece together is that she may not have started puberty till age 16 (maybe before) and started taking hormone blockers sometime while she was 18. She also was pretty competitive against the male teens during that period, which the Daily Mail article failed to mention.

Here she won the 2019 national championship against a full slate of competitors. https://mtbdata.com/comp/new-zealan...-mar-17-mar-2019-rotorua/women-elite-downhill

I haven't been able to find the 2022 results you reference.

The Biffanus's of the world are all riled up and taking it out on the LGBTQ+ community across the country.

This hidethepride group just showed up at my public library and checked out over 70 LGBTQ+ positive books to get them out of the library. This is happening all over the place because they're all riled up about trans people and grooming. But keeping going Biffanus -- really important work you're doing, be proud of yourself and who you've become.

https://thehill.com/homenews/wire/3516571-catholic-group-launches-hide-the-pride-anti-lgbtq-library-campaign/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0arQ-7o2Xad81VIud0ofgzMtYy1lOH--fYv_2OnZeFBAYexwQnnecGT4M

I have now read multiple articles and have not seen that she started taking hormone blockers at puberty...

This is the main article that I read, of which the premise is regarding how to corporate trans people and retain gender fairness in sport

https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/2018/03/a-level-playing-field/

“…But when she won an event in Rotorua by more than 30 seconds, it set off a firestorm of online discussion and calls for her to be excluded…”

“No-one knew that she wasn't just competing against other riders, but her own body - the hormone blockers she'd been taking since 17 had reduced her testosterone levels to below those of most women.

"I was losing strength and losing speed on tracks even though I was training and riding really hard," she says. "It was demoralising - you're trying to push yourself as far as you can but you're going slower and slower."

But she didn't want to come out as transgender, fearing hateful comments in a male-dominated sport.

"So I thought, 'I'll just keep racing in the men's field at a disadvantage'.”

Her times began improving again - although she had to train harder than ever. She figured she'd look into switching to the women's category for the 2018/19 season, but her plans were up-ended at the very first race of this season, in Rotorua last September.

…Like many sporting federations around the world, Cycling NZ has adopted guidelines issued by the International Olympic Committee in 2015 , requiring transgender female athletes to prove their testosterone level in serum has been below 10 nmol/L (nanomoles per litre) for at least 12 months prior to first competition.

The average testosterone level for young men is 24.2 nmol/L and for women around 0.6 nmol/L.

Weatherly was able to provide blood tests showing her levels were in the 0.1-0.9 range, a result of having had injections of the drug Lucrin - used as a treatment for prostate cancer and essentially a form of chemical castration - when she started transitioning at 17.”

“Because of her ill health she didn't start puberty until about 16 or 17, she says. She'd always felt something wasn't right with her body and puberty was particularly stressful.

She saw psychologists, was diagnosed with gender dysphoria and began taking the hormone blockers - Anton became Kate.”

"…Sorry Kate, I feel for you in this situation, but I don't think it's fair on the biological girls," someone posted. "Maybe a new gender neutral class should be created?"

That's a common suggestion, but doesn't appeal to Weatherly.

"My thing is, I'm not gender neutral, I'm a girl. The whole idea of a third category invalidates my sense of identity."

When Weatherly won the national champs, beating Rawson by 13 seconds and the third placegetter by 47 seconds, it threw gasoline on the fire…”

The Biffanus's of the world are all riled up and taking it out on the LGBTQ+ community across the country.

This hidethepride group just showed up at my public library and checked out over 70 LGBTQ+ positive books to get them out of the library. This is happening all over the place because they're all riled up about trans people and grooming. But keeping going Biffanus -- really important work you're doing, be proud of yourself and who you've become.

https://thehill.com/homenews/wire/3516571-catholic-group-launches-hide-the-pride-anti-lgbtq-library-campaign/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0arQ-7o2Xad81VIud0ofgzMtYy1lOH--fYv_2OnZeFBAYexwQnnecGT4M

Wrong thread.

Back