• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

My Trumper friend constantly sends me articles about Lia Thomas. The other day, I mentioned that it's pretty low on my list given the climate crisis, Roe V Wade/the supreme court in general, and gun control. He proceeded to ask me what exactly Roe V Wade was...

It's just an entirely different universe of ignorance.

Yeah I don't know what app pushes all this shit out - maybe the Fox News feed or something even further right - but I definitely have a crew of friends that are always heads down watching for outrage articles to drop. It reminds me of trained hamsters pressing the red button for treat pellets... There was the flood of critical race theory, flood of bathroom transgender stuff, flood of Hunter Biden, flood of these sports examples; it's crazy to see how well it works. Dudes just sit around sharing how outraged they are by article after article.

She's trying out for the Olympics.

I assume Thomas will be trying to qualify for the 400m freestyle. Katie Ledecky won gold in 2016 and silver in 2020. Ledecky won the 2017 NCAA 500 yard freestyle with a time of 4:24.06. Lia Thomas won the 2022 NCAA 500 yard freestyle with a time of 4:33.24.

Thomas may make it. She may not. But she's not guaranteed to qualify and definitely not to medal.

That New Zealand weight lifter lady you all got hyped up about a few years ago but then she didn’t even make it to the medal round, wishes Lia good luck.

Didn’t she finish DFL? She didn’t even complete a lift.

So no one in your town focuses on anything other than climate change, Russian expansionism, and inflation ?

Oh no, they definitely do. It just seems inconceivably stupid to me at this point given the whole rapidly approaching end of the world thing.

Yeah I don't know what app pushes all this shit out - maybe the Fox News feed or something even further right - but I definitely have a crew of friends that are always heads down watching for outrage articles to drop. It reminds me of trained hamsters pressing the red button for treat pellets... There was the flood of critical race theory, flood of bathroom transgender stuff, flood of Hunter Biden, flood of these sports examples; it's crazy to see how well it works. Dudes just sit around sharing how outraged they are by article after article.

The fox news articles in my feed are all outrage articles.

Get a fucking life, dude.

Please please try to remember this moment when you and ChrisL are talking all that shit about *normal* Americans not supporting “extreme” leftism. These are the normal Americans you all are so goddamn smug about representing.

Please please try to remember this moment when you and ChrisL are talking all that shit about *normal* Americans not supporting “extreme” leftism. These are the normal Americans you all are so goddamn smug about representing.

I've never said any about "normal" Americans, or anything like you're attributing to me. You may also get a fucking life.

They have "but her emails!!!" and you have "but ChrisL!!!"

I've never said any about "normal" Americans, or anything like you're attributing to me. You may also get a fucking life.

Yeah right, you all repeat some version of that dumb shit all the time. I look forward to it. You love to talk about Democratic “pragmaticism” and popularity in the abstract, but when you dig into the details you get hateful ignorance and greed. The bifftannen majority.

Last edited:
Yeah right, you all repeat some version of that dumb shit all the time. I look forward to it. You love to talk about Democratic “pragmaticism” and popularity in the abstract, but when you dig into the details you get hateful ignorance and greed. The bifftannen majority.

Feel free to make shit up about me if it makes you feel better. I can take it.

And here we have the same MDMH vs. the liberals argument in a discussion even though they both agree about transgender athletes.

And here we have the same MDMH vs. the liberals argument in a discussion even though they both agree about transgender athletes.

I just get so fucking mad at the liberal duplicitousness - feigning outrage at someone for calling Lia Thomas a man, and on every other thread being a smug asshole about Democrats rejecting leftism. Liberals are fucking flaming progressives when it doesn’t fucking count for anything, but then have no political courage whatsoever. Somehow the viewpoints that make someone a terrible poster are the same viewpoints that make them the best choice for President. It makes no goddamn sense.

My favorite are the people that love jesus so much they hate people his pops made (women, trans persons, people not white, some blue lives no longer matter). The list is getting pretty long.

My favorite are the people that love jesus so much they hate people his pops made (women, trans persons, people not white, some blue lives no longer matter). The list is getting pretty long.

but jesus didn't make the trans people, woke idealism in public schools did

Back