• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

I don't think women need men to tell them what they should think, feel or fear about having men in their locker rooms.

200w.gif

This is not a left-right issue, as many here seem to believe.

According to a recent Gallup poll, a substantial majority (69%) of all Americans are opposed to allowing individuals born male to participate in women's sports.

americans-views-on-transgender-athletes-2021-vs.-2023.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- A larger majority of Americans now (69%) than in 2021 (62%) say transgender athletes should only be allowed to compete on sports teams that conform with their birth gender. Likewise, fewer endorse transgender athletes being able to play on teams that match their current gender identity, 26%, down from 34%.

These results are based on Gallup’s annual Values and Beliefs survey, conducted May 1-24.

The issue has sparked debate at all levels of competitive sports, particularly around transgender women’s ability to play on women’s teams. Sports governing bodies and schools have adopted a range of policies on the issue, some more inclusive of transgender participation than others.

Transgender sports participation has also become a major political flashpoint, and elected officials in conservative-leaning states have enacted laws to ban transgender athletes who were born male from competing against female athletes. At least 20 U.S. states now have such laws, and the Republican-led U.S. House recently passed a national ban. The federal ban is unlikely to pass the Senate, and President Joe Biden has promised to veto it. The White House recently released a proposed set of guidelines that would govern decisions surrounding transgender individuals’ participation in gender-segregated sports.

The shift toward greater public opposition to transgender athletes competing on the basis of their current gender identity has occurred at the same time that more U.S. adults say they know a transgender person. Thirty-nine percent of Americans, up from 31% in 2021, say someone they know personally has told them they are transgender...

“Those with no opinion are not shown.”

🙄

Again, I think there are reasonable arguments for not allowing trans women to compete with cis women in certain contexts.

But fear of genitalia isn’t among them.

Get back to us when your girls grow into teens and are forced to undress in a locker room in front of a "trans woman" with a male appendage and let us know what they and you think when reality smacks you in the face.
Or…what if one of his kid turns out trans and wants to play darts?!?!? Should he get back to us then?

Get back to us when your girls grow into teens and are forced to undress in a locker room in front of a "trans woman" with a male appendage and let us know what they and you think when reality smacks you in the face.

I agree with you on that. If anyone forces my child to undress, I would be livid.

Is that even a thing anymore? That kids are required to get naked in front of each other in gym class?

“Those with no opinion are not shown.”

Again, I think there are reasonable arguments for not allowing trans women to compete with cis women in certain contexts.

But fear of genitalia isn’t among them.

I don’t see them arguing about NCAA regulations around allowing trans athletes to participate. They could give a shit about how long someone has been undergoing treatments.

Notice how proud Capt is that he supports an issue that polls well for now. It’s like they know their living decades in the past.

Back