• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

Did you ever think about transitioning to female to move up in the ranks?

[of course not]

No. Nor would I say that Lia Thomas did so with that intention. But that's the way it turned out and there's no way it was a level playing field.

And if someone did transition solely, or even primarily, to move up the competitive ranks, they're just an awful human being.

That's the response I was expecting -- "Oh look, the opposition to trans athletes has increased because bigots are talking about it !!!" Instead of -- "Now that I've seen this in action and how it's going to work, this doesn't seem like the greatest idea to have biological men who have taken a series of shots competing against women."

And who the hell do you think pays for and reads editorials in the NY Times ?

"Biological men who have taken a series of shots" is greatly simplifying the issue (and using borderline transphobic language, they are trans women), which I think speaks to Kory's point. Are you familiar with the way Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy works in practice? How T Blockers work? Estrogen monotherapy? How an AMAB body reacts to estrogen dominance and estrogenic second puberty?

What does "seeing this in action" mean to you? Most people probably couldn't name a single trans athlete outside of Lia Thomas, so are you arguing that a single example in a single sport should be the basis for your decision making?

This is a nuanced issue and I think anyone claiming outright that trans persons should 100% be allowed to compete in every sport or vice versa not allowed to compete in any sports is probably full of shit (though it's the latter that are harming far more marginalized people). It's possible that the guidelines for NCAA swimming should be revisited or tweaked and it's easy to paint Lia Thomas as a villain because she was unlucky enough to transition later in life and isn't classically feminine, but for every Lia there is an athlete like 16-year-old Tate Dragaset who is just trying to live her best life and probably doesn't have all that much of a competitive advantage (transitioned at age 12) but was outed by Riley Gaines and now as a high schooler gets to deal with thousands of brainrotted transphobes online shitting on her and making her life hell.

I absolutely agree that it's nuanced. There are plenty in this discussion (on both sides) who would not agree with that.

And you can bet that I'm not about to spend a minute researching the hormone cocktail the Lia Thomas used, that clearly didn't work as advertised.

Unfortunately, Lia Thomas is the standard that has been set and that is the starting point for debate.

16-year-old Tate Dragaset who is just trying to live her best life and probably doesn't have all that much of a competitive advantage (transitioned at age 12) but was outed by Riley Gaines and now as a high schooler gets to deal with thousands of brainrotted transphobes online shitting on her and making her life hell.
what kind of soulless ghoul outs a 16yo to a national audience? Jesus Christ. What the fuck is wrong with people that they are actively trying to get teenagers killed?

the hormone cocktail the Lia Thomas used, that clearly didn't work as advertised.

Unfortunately, Lia Thomas is the standard that has been set and that is the starting point for debate.
So you’re mad that Lia Thomas isn’t hot? Weird guy. Yes, very unfortunate Lia Thomas didn’t develop big tits and a coke bottle waist, then we wouldn’t give a fuck about letting her swim with the girls.

There is some history to this topic of female athletes that have an unfair advantage in athletic competition due to physiology. When the Soviet Union still existed they were accused of using science to change and improve the performance of selected female athletes in Olympic cometition. IIRC, male hormones were the agent for accomplishing this change. It drew the ire of many of the countries that competed. The USA was especially outspoken.

The specifics have changed, but the topic has been discussed and researched thoroughly in the past.

Last edited:
i gotta say, it's great that more people are paying attention to women's sports

but some of y'all are just assholes and really going out of your way to impose culture war rhetoric on a terrain that you just don't understand

caster semenya is a fascinating case study that kinda shows the limitations of a lot of "trans critical" perspectives on here

436817638_961427328668632_662596704520800714_n.jpg

Uh oh, men getting WBB championship rings. Cultural decay !!!

I think it's time to ban this clown, honestly. If he were saying this shit about any other minority group or protected class, he'd have been gone by now. He's not adding value, he's not making cogent arguments, he's clearly a garbage human. Moderators, you're cool with this? I mean, RJ was banned. Cancel this piece of shit.

Last edited:
Back