• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

My bad. Everyone please witness my public apology to pinocha. I said he posted about "chicks with dicks" when what he actually said was:

You can see for you self my obviously and huge error, that he never used the word, "dick." He instead used the word "cock" and once the more mature "penis." So, lets let's give him the respect that he deserves in this discussion and I apologize.

That's some proper...#avianacerbity

One of my daughter's roommates is a trans female. She is awesome. When my daughter transferred last year to New York university from an SEC school she didn't know a soul in the school or city. At orientation the first day, Stevie (also a new transfer who knew nobody) was the friendliest and most outgoing person there and she was helping everyone meet each other. She broke the ice for everyone there. My daughter felt 1000 times more comfortable because of her and they instantly became friends. And this year they are roommates. She is the only trans woman I have ever gotten to know and she's just about my favorite person. And she doesn't get offended at anything at all no matter what pronouns come her way. She is my only frame of reference but I just know I'm really glad she has been there for my kid. Again, she's awesome although she doesn't help with the dishes much I'm told. Draw from that what you will lol

One of my daughter's roommates is a trans female. She is awesome. When my daughter transferred last year to New York university from an SEC school she didn't know a soul in the school or city. At orientation the first day, Stevie (also a new transfer who knew nobody) was the friendliest and most outgoing person there and she was helping everyone meet each other. She broke the ice for everyone there. My daughter felt 1000 times more comfortable because of her and they instantly became friends. And this year they are roommates. She is the only trans woman I have ever gotten to know and she's just about my favorite person. And she doesn't get offended at anything at all no matter what pronouns come her way. She is my only frame of reference but I just know I'm really glad she has been there for my kid. Again, she's awesome although she doesn't help with the dishes much I'm told. Draw from that what you will lol

AhhhHAA!!!

For the 3d time, do you have daughters, bigot?

Shouldn't you be asking if he has sons (that may eventually turn into daughters)?

Ah.. Daughters with penises?

I'm quite sure everyone understood "daughters with penises" to be merely an effort to come across as technical and lacking emotive intent.

No dipshit, I was asking why Shooshmoo was asking why a poster had daughters..

He was trying to say something like "what if it was your daughter".. or "what if your daughter had a penis".. something lame like that. We may never know!

The question that remains unanswered.

Daughters with Penises would make a good band name. I could see them opening for PWR BTTM.

Most conditions that benefit from medical care do not equate to disability.
They do when the person is trying to get underneath the ADA for protection or benefit, i.e. getting an emotional support animal or a handicapped parking space. If they are being treated for virtually anything chronic, it falls under the ADA definition of disability. In this case, they are trying to play in a sports league. I don't see how the situation wouldn't affect one or more major life functions to satisfy the definition.

I don't see why they wouldn't want to go this route to meet their objective, other than the stigma of being disabled. But virtually no disabled community enjoys being labeled as disabled, they view themselves and their community as whole and normal (deaf, blind, physically handicapped, etc.). But the law views them as not functioning normally for the specified reason, for their own benefit and protection. Here, get under the ADA and boom, reasonable accommodation must be granted and they are allowed to play.

They do when the person is trying to get underneath the ADA for protection or benefit, i.e. getting an emotional support animal or a handicapped parking space. If they are being treated for virtually anything chronic, it falls under the ADA definition of disability. In this case, they are trying to play in a sports league. I don't see how the situation wouldn't affect one or more major life functions to satisfy the definition.

I don't see why they wouldn't want to go this route to meet their objective, other than the stigma of being disabled. But virtually no disabled community enjoys being labeled as disabled, they view themselves and their community as whole and normal (deaf, blind, physically handicapped, etc.). But the law views them as not functioning normally for the specified reason, for their own benefit and protection. Here, get under the ADA and boom, reasonable accommodation must be granted and they are allowed to play.

Fair enough.

I’m no expert in legal considerations regarding disability. Two things caused me to hesitate. One, we’re talking about people seeking to compete athletically who don’t seem physically disabled and two, there could be some undesirable stigma attached to claiming transsexualism as a disability.

But what you suggest appears to have already played out successfully in a number of court cases and as best I can tell from briefly searching.

Here’s a brief essay published in the Harvard Law Review.

That took massive guts to answer that question the way Staley did, knowing that it would cause some controversy, and still go out and win the national championship the next day. That is straight up baller move. Could you imagine Saban or Belicheck or someother coach doing that the day before the super bowl or natty ?

It took no courage at all for Staley to answer as she did.

The political atmosphere on the University of South Carolina campus is not fundamentally different from that of the vast majority of major American universities--a substantial majority of the administrative staff and faculty have progressive views on social policy questions such as the inclusion of "trans women" on women's sports teams.

Students at the university are probably more moderate politically than those at more liberal campuses, but USC students are not the same politically as those at BYU or Liberty. Furthermore and most importantly, faculty, students and staff who disagree with fashionable progressive views like allowing "trans women" on women's sports teams know to avoid open disagreement with the prevailing ethos on campus. It's just not worth the risk.

In contrast, Staley will get praise and support from the alphabet people and their supporters on her campus. They are relatively few in number, but their power is intimidating. It's better to appear to be on their side, no matter what one thinks in truth. I will accept Staley's answer at face value, but she gave the answer that was in her own self-interest as a key leader in a very progressive environment. Also, if she did happen to believe that "trans women" should not play on women's sports teams and stated so, then that statement would have taken real courage to make.

LOL at the thought that Administrators at SEC schools are progressives.

CaptRenault- I have no idea if you are being serious or not but if you are.... you have a stunningly misinformed view on the politics of Univ. of South Carolina. Just 100% wrong in every way. Everything in your post is absolutely laughable.

Back