• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

Millions of dumbass transphobes with the entire conservative social media echo chamber working overtime and they can only find a few random examples of trans women “dominating” sports throughout the entire world over the last decade.

While denigrating the accomplishments of women athletes in the process. What a gross thread.

The Oregon HS dude got 2nd overall in both the girls' 200M and 400M at a meet with about 20 high schools competing. His times would have placed him 61st in the boys' 200M and 46th in the boys' 400M.

If there had been a couple more mediocre boys who suddenly decided they felt like girls, then they easily could have swept the top three places in both events.

I'm sure that this matters to the girls in those events, their friends, their families and everyone who is not a true believer in trans ideology.

So I do not buy the argument of "Oh, what's the big deal, it's just one runner."

Also, there have been other cases besides Semenya of males winning significant championships in women's events. For example, in 2019 a male from Franklin Pierce College won the women's 400M Hurdles at the NCAA Division II Track and Field championships. He was prevented from trying to qualify for the 2021 U.S. Olympic team.

View attachment 9106
1) To the first bolded section - does that not give some evidence that being on HRT puts her at a competitive disadvantage when competing against men? So again, unless you’re just someone who doesn’t believe that being trans is a valid expressions of who they are and their identity, this should be about finding out a reasonable time on HRT that mitigates competitive advantage, not an assault on trans people.

2) oh. So this isn’t about sports or women or anything other than pushing back against “trans ideology.”

Last edited:
The fact that an issue this irrelevant is probably one of the top two or three issues that will decide our next president proves how absolutely stupid we have become as a country.
the fact that you think it's irrelevant to the girls in those events, their friends, their families shows that you are just a groomer who is pushing the trans ideology onto his students

The fact that an issue this irrelevant is probably one of the top two or three issues that will decide our next president proves how absolutely stupid we have become as a country.

If it makes you feel any better, it really doesn't appear that running on these policies or making them a centerpiece of your platform has helped win many votes: https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/moms-for-liberty-and-anti-trans-republicans

Not sure it will meaningfully stop Republicans from continuing to rile up the 30% of sickos that are obsessed with trans people, and obviously a trump victory would spell disaster for trans and other LGBTQ people, but in 2024 at least there are small glimmers of hope (after a terrible 2023, Iowa just adjourned sine die without passing any of the ~20 explicit anti-trans and LGBTQ bills introduced to the floor).

If it makes you feel any better, it really doesn't appear that running on these policies or making them a centerpiece of your platform has helped win many votes:
Culture war bullshit absolutely serves a purpose though - it keeps conservative voters activated, but distracted from legitimate policy.

Also, the “culture war” political framing is a useful tool to most efficiently drive partisan consensus on political topics that would otherwise draw a much broader and nuanced reaction. “I don’t know immediately what to think about this topic, but I’ll support whatever the Republican opinion is.”

Never mind that 69% of Americans think transgender athletes should only be allowed to play on sports teams that match their birth gender. Up a little since 2021, but that's more than just some wacko Trump culture wars voters.

1714053431413.png

Never mind that 69% of Americans think transgender athletes should only be allowed to play on sports teams that match their birth gender. Up a little since 2021, but that's more than just some wacko Trump culture wars voters.

View attachment 9107
But that also largely a function of lack of public knowledge concerning trans issues, affects of blockers and HRT on athletic performance, and only interacting with large headlines that are pushing the issue.

I don't think majority public opinion should be the basis for advocating for marginalized populations. It hasn't been the best guide in the past.

Never mind that 69% of Americans think transgender athletes
so? If all your friends jumped off a bridge would you do it too? A modest familiarity with American history would show you that popular consensus on civil rights issues are near guaranteed to liberalize over time. I’ve posted multiple graphs on this very thread showing that.

But that also largely a function of lack of public knowledge concerning trans issues, affects of blockers and HRT on athletic performance, and only interacting with large headlines that are pushing the issue.

I don't think majority public opinion should be the basis for advocating for marginalized populations. It hasn't been the best guide in the past.
This 100%. Biff himself is only engaging with this through stories he's read about Lia Thomas and has boasted about his ignorance regarding Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy so not a surprise he's touting these polls like they mean something.

Look I can post polls too!

1714054302376.png

so? If all your friends jumped off a bridge would you do it too? A modest familiarity with American history would show you that popular consensus on civil rights issues are near guaranteed to liberalize over time. I’ve posted multiple graphs on this very thread showing that.

You said it was "mostly partisan consensus". 70% of Americans is not that. Americans currently disagree with you on this issue by a 2.7 :1 margin, despite the piling on you are observing on this thread.

That is also the kind of poll question that misleadingly suggests consensus on a major cultural issue by focusing on a marginal issue.

How many of the respondents to that poll thought they were answering a question about fairness in sports instead of their support for (or resistance to) trans rights? Or whose answer would be different if the question asked about whether trans people should have access to gender-affirming medical care?

Now some anti-trans activist can point to a poll about fairness in sports and claim consensus on an issue of trans rights.

Back