• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transparency in the White House

Yes. I've been saying this the whole time. Do you not understand what slope is?

No, I have no idea what slope is...:tard:. You confused the slope talk by by adding a slippery slope metaphor into the mix when you really had an actual equation in mind, hence my request to clarify above.

I definitely think we're on a slippery slope. Racer is trying to claim that slope increased under Obama, but I haven't seen evidence to suggest that.

Last edited:
it's fun reading ph's posts on threads like these

Uh ohh. Appears AP is now a Fox puppet.
Something is increasing. Not sure if it is slope.

The Obama administration set a new record again for more often than ever censoring government files or outright denying access to them last year under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act, according to a new analysis of federal data by The Associated Press.

Hey Ph, does "more often than ever" represent a slope increase to you?

y = mx + b

y = lack of transparency
m = slope
x = time (# of presidency)
b = baseline lack of transparency

You're saying the slope is increasing. I'm asking you for evidence of that.

Do you seriously not know what slope is?

Do you seriously not know what slope is?

Yes, I seriously know what slope is. And until you can provide some data to back up the idea that it's a constant to move this discussion from subjective to objective, article after article and study after study filled with terms like "worst ever", "more often than ever", "least transparent" seems like a very likely indicator of a slope increase to me. Let's be honest, if we were just continuing along a long established trend at the same rate or slower, would the media be taking Obama to task over this?

Yes, I seriously know what slope is. And until you can provide some data to back up the idea that it's a constant to move this discussion from subjecting to objective, article after article and study after study filled with terms like "worst ever", "more often than ever", "least transparent" seems like a very likely indicator of a slope increase to me. Let's be honest, if we were just continuing along a long established trend at the same rate, would the media be taking Obama to task over this?

The media hates Obama.

Yes, I seriously know what slope is. And until you can provide some data to back up the idea that it's a constant to move this discussion from subjective to objective, article after article and study after study filled with terms like "worst ever", "more often than ever", "least transparent" seems like a very likely indicator of a slope increase to me. Let's be honest, if we were just continuing along a long established trend at the same rate or slower, would the media be taking Obama to task over this?

So you don't know what slope is. A constant slope means worst ever, more often than ever, least transparent, etc. It doesn't mean the rate of transparency decrease is increasing under Obama.

What evidence do you have that it is?

i keep reading this thread title and thinking this:

draw+on+clear+sheet.gif

Glad to see other people finally calling Obama out for the sellout that he is.

Been saying that he is George W. Bush version 2.0 for 4 years now. He campaigned as the anti-W, and he has become his doppelganger.

Well this isn't exactly correct. He has differed from GWB in many important ways, for example refusing to get involved in a ground war in the Middle East, despite having ample opportunities to do so, and supporting the rights of same-sex couples.

However, on privacy and national security, your point is spot on

y = mx + b

y = lack of transparency
m = slope
x = time (# of presidency)
b = baseline lack of transparency

You're saying the slope is increasing. I'm asking you for evidence of that.

I am going to need to see this in a graph with a properly labeled axis.

Reactions: ONW
So you don't know what slope is. A constant slope means worst ever, more often than ever, least transparent, etc. It doesn't mean the rate of transparency decrease is increasing under Obama.

What evidence do you have that it is?

Never mind. I don't need to prove to you that I understand a concept I mastered in 10th grade.

I've given multiple bits of subjective evidence, all pointing in one direction. At this point, you've given basically nothing. But I'm done attempting to argue some sort of technicality that you seem to think proves a greater overall point. You can mark it down as a win. I'll just throw my participation trophy onto my shelf of shame.

Last edited:
Back