• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travel ban upheld

Oh, I almost forgot. It's been fun, and as most of you have probably noticed if you've stopped to breathe occasionally between screaming your talking points, I don't really post on this board anymore. I just post on some immigration posts and had to come back and do a drive-by on this. You may continue to blather on now about how people outside our country should enjoy our constitutional protections and how Trump is a racist. In the meantime, enjoy your meal.

bag-of-dick-award.png

Have fun at your rally!

“Centrist”

:rofl:

Garland Brings Centrist Flair to D.C. Circuit With Laissez-Faire Approach to Agency Action

From: https://www.npr.org/2016/09/06/4928...ly-to-end-blockade-on-garland-nomination-soon

From some Republicans, if Clinton wins the presidency — and especially if the Democrats retake the Senate — a lame duck vote on Garland looks like a bargain, guaranteeing a relatively centrist appointment, and one who likely will not serve for as long as a nominee in his or her 50s. But McConnell is said to worry that a vote to confirm Garland would harm those GOP senators up for re-election in 2018 — senators who might face primary opponents from the right.

Obama's choice of popular centrist Merrick Garland for Supreme Court puts GOP to the test

From here: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/17/opinion/merrick-garland-for-the-supreme-court.html

In his 19 years on the bench, Judge Garland has established a solidly centrist voting record that reflects no strong political ideology. He has sided with the government in cases involving habeas corpus petitions from detainees at Guantánamo Bay, and has voted against criminal defendants more often than his liberal colleagues have. He has generally voted in favor of deferring to the considered decisions of federal agencies. In civil rights cases, he has voted in favor of plaintiffs who have claimed rights violations.

Etc. ad nueseum.

I don’t pretend to be a lawyer or constitutional scholar. But yea, centrist is how many people describe Garland.

I can see the Democrats' fall campaign slogans now: Vote for Democrats....we will open the borders and raise your taxes !!!

Reminds me of a line from the great movie "Barbarians at the Gate":

F. Ross Johnson: Tastes like shit and smells like a fart! Got ourselves a real winner here, it's one goddamn unique advertising slogan I'll give you that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4EGXSuFuIw

Don't see why they'd adopt that any more than GOP would adopt "Vote for Republicans: we kinda like Donald but really just love when white men are in power."

I can see the Democrats' fall campaign slogans now: Vote for Democrats....we will open the borders and raise your taxes !!!

Reminds me of a line from the great movie "Barbarians at the Gate":

F. Ross Johnson: Tastes like shit and smells like a fart! Got ourselves a real winner here, it's one goddamn unique advertising slogan I'll give you that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4EGXSuFuIw

you dumb hayseed, that's the GOP con. lower taxes and keep out the browns. You're describing the thing that has duped you and the rest of dumbshit America into submitting to unfounded fears and against your financial best interest you idiot.

you dumb hayseed, that's the GOP con. lower taxes and keep out the browns. You're describing the thing that has duped you and the rest of dumbshit America into submitting to unfounded fears and against your financial best interest you idiot.

Speak for yourself. My financial interests are pretty damned good shape, pal.

Also, when is the last time you made a post that did not include a personal insult against someone?

Living in Chicago must be very stressful.

Old Baby Boomer is doing well after raping the planet and the futures of the young of the Nation? classic

Old Baby Boomer is doing well after raping the planet and the futures of the young of the Nation? classic

How much money do you make for 35,000 posts on a chat board?

PHDeac is the only person I know who can make decent money while posting 90,000 times on a chatboard....and you're not a sociology professor.

Last edited:
How much money do you make for 35,000 posts on a chat board?

PHDeac is the only person I know who can make decent money while posting 90,000 times on a chatboard.

how inefficient you must with your time to think posting is a concern. sad.

Bob still making solid money off his father in laws untimely death. The “accidental” gift that keeps on giving.

Unchecked Power Is Still Dangerous No Matter What the Court Says

...The last 18-plus months have underscored why legal doctrines that free the political branches of constitutional constraints in immigration are no longer defensible. At best, unconstrained power risks abuses; at worst, it leads to open and unapologetic abuses.

Every day the Trump administration provides us a case study in how unchecked power over immigration risks humanitarian crises and moral wrongs. The administration was, and perhaps still is, forcibly separating young children from their parents at the border with no apparent plan for reuniting them. It is criminally prosecuting people seeking asylum in the United States from unthinkable violence in their home countries. And it is making it extremely difficult for undocumented women in its custody to see medical professionals to perform abortions that will end pregnancies, some of which are a result of rape.

The Trump administration faces lawsuits that challenge these and other policies. In fighting off those challenges, the administration frequently argues that it has comparatively greater authority over immigration and that immigrants have relatively fewer constitutional protections, compared with other areas of law. Today, the Supreme Court told the president he is right and that courts will not stop him from subjecting migrants to discriminations and abuses that this administration could not impose on citizens. The question is whether the rest of us will step up and stop the administration instead.

Speak for yourself. My financial interests are pretty damned good shape, pal.

Also, when is the last time you made a post that did not include a personal insult against someone?

Living in Chicago must be very stressful.

dude you were handed a life by marrying your wife. no one is impressed with that shit, except maybe palma. You get on here and rant and rave about black people and Hispanic people being criminals and not working hard and earning enough money blah blah but then you parrot the GOP con that has been in effect for 40 years that never trickled, creating the poor working class you complain about, you feeble-minded twat.

I live near Chicago, but I work and play in Chicago, and it is a fine city. You, of course, would be shitting your elastic waistband house-pants just getting off the plane at O'Hare because there are all shades of brown people walking around speaking lots of different languages and getting along just fine. You would be the biggest problem anyone encountered in their day.

Last edited:
In this thread, Trumpist and friend of Russia ELC pretends to be a lawyer and brags about a right wing activist court upholding his and Trump's racist/Islamaphobic views as somehow vindication that what he had read on some right wing law blog and posted on these boards as his original idea is correct. And then a murderer comes along and in his senile state, after suffering from years of depression and anguish over committing murder and stealing money from people with his insurance scam, posts the same thing he has posted dozens of other times even though it has nothing to do with the thread topic. Good job guys.

He's not a lawyer. He works for the federal government.

In this thread, Trumpist and friend of Russia ELC pretends to be a lawyer and brags about a right wing activist court upholding his and Trump's racist/Islamaphobic views as somehow vindication that what he had read on some right wing law blog and posted on these boards as his original idea is correct. And then a murderer comes along and in his senile state, after suffering from years of depression and anguish over committing murder and stealing money from people with his insurance scam, posts the same thing he has posted dozens of other times even though it has nothing to do with the thread topic. Good job guys.

I don’t know why it’s vindication when conservative justices parrot ideas from right wing law blogs. Justices are just people with ideology like everybody else.

Its funny that that little shit Bob brings up Chicago in the context of this travel ban while living his entire lily-white life in fucking Randleman NC. Chicagoans are a zillion times more likely to be victims of terror attacks by people from these countries than him and his cracker buddies sitting on their hemorrhoids in Randleman, and they don't support this ban or this xenophobic crybaby president.

The same can be said for wealth inequality and tax cuts for the wealthy - people who live in population centers and actually do real work in tech and manufacturing and not selling annuities to little old ladies in Randleman understand the problems with phony gimmicks like supply-side economics and vote against it.

Back