• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Treeing Walker Coonhound - ADOPTED!! (photo update in OP)

Hounds are the best breed. Only bad side is they get that hound smell. And they howl.

Mine whines. I'd say like a little bitch, but we had a bitch who didn't whine at all.

Where'd the 2nd one go?

When I was making calls to places to try and find them a temporary home, I was told that another person had been calling about them as well. The male was much more people friendly, so I'm sure he just hopped in someone's car. The girl that we rescued was more apprehensive about people, and it took us about two hours to get her.

When I was making calls to places to try and find them a temporary home, I was told that another person had been calling about them as well. The male was much more people friendly, so I'm sure he just hopped in someone's car. The girl that we rescued was more apprehensive about people, and it took us about two hours to get her.

Bitches, man.

i have one of these dogs...really good dogs. mine is about 90lbs, very sweet, smart and stubborn...which is true for most hounds.

this breed looks just like beagles, tri-colored, but much bigger with long legs..

crazy, looks just like my dog.

i have one of these dogs...really good dogs. mine is about 90lbs, very sweet, smart and stubborn...which is true for most hounds.

this breed looks just like beagles, tri-colored, but much bigger with long legs..

crazy, looks just like my dog.

Thanks for the verification that I'm not insane and it isn't a beagle. I kept telling people that it looked a giant beagle, and the mountain folk assured me it was a treeing walker coonhound.

Want another? :D

So to be clear, you chased, eventually captured, and stole someone's hunting dog? And then transported it far away from its (assumed) home? Wouldn't it have been better to leave it with someone in the area and advertise a found dog?

So to be clear, you chased, eventually captured, and stole someone's hunting dog? And then transported it far away from its (assumed) home? Wouldn't it have been better to leave it with someone in the area and advertise a found dog?

You are an idiot.

The dog was living at the county dump. It was a stray, as was the male. Which is why someone else was calling shelters - to report the two stray dogs. I took the dog to the nearest shelter that would accept her. She was quite obviously in need of medical care, as she was bleeding and malnourished. She was "captured" at the dump, it just took two hours to get her. I don't think I could chase down a dog, even a sick one, for two hours.

How in the hell did conclude that I drove the dog far away?

Last edited:
Thanks for the verification that I'm not insane and it isn't a beagle. I kept telling people that it looked a giant beagle, and the mountain folk assured me it was a treeing walker coonhound.

Want another? :D

haha, i love my dog quite a bit but not ready for another one quite yet. another name for this dog is Tennessee Walker Hound, but it's the same dog.

Last edited:
I had a blue tick for 10 years. Sweetest dog ever. Also most vocal and hyper. Coonhounds literally "sing", but sometimes the neighbors hate the song. They make good jogging partners on hard surface...cross country they pull lead to investigate everything.

You are an idiot.

The dog was living at the county dump. It was a stray, as was the male. Which is why someone else was calling shelters - to report the two stray dogs. I took the dog to the nearest shelter that would accept her. She was quite obviously in need of medical care, as she was bleeding and malnourished. She was "captured" at the dump, it just took two hours to get her. I don't think I could chase down a dog, even a sick one, for two hours.

How in the hell did conclude that I drove the dog far away?

Calm down, dude... You didn't initially say anything about the dog living in the dump. You said "she had obviously gotten lost" and you mentioned these dogs sometimes getting lost hunting - so it sounded like you saw a dog wandering around lost and picked it up. And, the way you mentioned finding it "in the mountains of NC" I assumed you didn't live in the mountains and had taken it back to whereever you live... All fair assumptions on my part given your initial post.

And anyway, I was mostly kidding... Jeez! And thanks for the negrep, second one I have ever received in many years of posting...

Back