• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Pro-Am League - That just happened.

So based on the summer league games we can derive that Fischer = the next Jimmer Fredette.

Fish does have a rideac pretty shot. That JT putback was pretty nasty.

Green appears to shoot FTs with both hands.

Good work, thanks a lot

Fish does have a rideac pretty shot. That JT putback was pretty nasty.

Green appears to shoot FTs with both hands.

Good work, thanks a lot

Green has an odd shot. I have some free throw clips of everybody that I can throw together this weekend if y'all want to look at each of their shots.

Fish gets square and has great elevation on his shot too, it's really fun to watch.

Sure lol...but I think you will be disappointed.

He is somewhere between Joseph Amonett and Jimmer Fredette ;)

Someone needs to create unrealistic expectations based on summer league play. You are being way too honest on these reviews.

So yeah, mark it down, Fischer is our next All American.

How well does Fischer handle teh ball?

He is out of control at times when he tries to dribble down the court in traffic (I think 3 of his 5 to's have come that way), but he has a good handle in the half court. He also has pretty good vision when he gets into the lane and doesn't force it as much as Chennault does once he is in close. He can find the open man.

Chase is a SG no I don't see a comparison to Scott Wood at all. Right now he compares to Justin Gray if I had to throw out a name. Our primary problem is the same as last season, no way to protect the basket on defense. That is a killer.

Also keep in mind that J-Gray only shot 31% his freshman year at Wake. I think he will have more Craig Dawson like numbers.

Cool, he kind of reminds me of Eric Hayes at MD more than anything else, but I say that w/out having seen him in person yet. Hoping to make it out next week though.

Cool, he kind of reminds me of Eric Hayes at MD more than anything else, but I say that w/out having seen him in person yet. Hoping to make it out next week though.

I like that comp a lot actually.

After watcing the video, I am extremely worried about our post play and that may make it near impossible to win even a few ACC games. If Ty and Melvin are gone for good, is there any way possible we can bring in a juco big man?
Also, I agree Fischer looks good. If CJ ran point and we point JT, CJ, and Fischer on the court at the same time that would definitely stretch the defense.

After watcing the video, I am extremely worried about our post play and that may make it near impossible to win even a few ACC games. If Ty and Melvin are gone for good, is there any way possible we can bring in a juco big man?
Also, I agree Fischer looks good. If CJ ran point and we point JT, CJ, and Fischer on the court at the same time that would definitely stretch the defense.

I think we will have a doughnut hole team that will lead to another dismal season.

I was refraining from judging the Chase to Wood comparison, but they are nothing alike other than the fact that they are white and can shoot 3's well.

Both known primarily as 3 point shooters, fairly limited athletically, questions about ability to defend ACC level players, both need to become more complete players. And let's be totally realistic: Scott Wood is a shooting guard. Just like Fischer playing the "SF" position in some of our smaller lineups won't make him a SF.

Green looks like a major project on the offensive end. His shot is fugly, even on free throws. At least he is a warm bodied tall guy with 5 fouls.. esp considering we just lost 2 of those.

Definitely surprised by Fisher. It will be good for JTT to be pushed by someone.

That's just an absurd statement at this point.

It would be absurd to suggest Chase has the ceiling that Eric had at Maryland. Eric didn't do much as a freshman and then scored between 10-11.3 points his next 3 seasons. If Chase gets starters minutes he will average double figuers this season.

Back