• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Pro-Am League - That just happened.

Forsyth Country Day summer league..

Begins tonite.

lolmerged.

c'mon wfunme, it was on the front page. :p

Hmm, so now JTT doesn't get to be on a team w/ any of his current teammates (since Tabb is out), and it's just TC and Fischer on their team now.

They should move JTT over to TC/Chase's team. They only have 3 guards on that roster anyway (while Dawson's team has plenty of them).

I'm taking my iPad and wil probably live blog from the games on BSD. Let everybody know when I get there. Videos and recaps should be up later tonight.

Just got here and the Internet works so it seems to be a go. Check in at BSD for intermittent updates. I'm working a camera too so I'll figure somthing out haha.

Summer League

Mostly good reports on our remaining players progress from last season. Travis played like a potential all ACC player should and was all over the floor making plays. Carson has filled out some and could be developed as a European style pick and pop power forward. However, a dominant presence in the paint he aint. CJ Harris was a man among boys and really played a smart advanced game and was much improved across the board.

Tony C. scored a lot of points and got a lot of hustle plays, but turned the ball over a fair amount. His running mate Chase Fischer was terrific with his outside shooting from way deep and his overall savvy. I had him for 27 points in his first outing. We got a real steal here. He is already better than Gary Clark. Daniel Green is very skinny and does not really pass the eye test. Fortunately he is very scrappy and not afraid to stick his nose in there. If our front court was not in dire shape, a redshirt year might be appropriate for Daniel. Anthony Fields did not play, due to his wrist rehab. He is really skinny. I would say 5.11 and 160 at best. JT's game had just started and he had not gotten off to a fast start at that point.

Bottomline is Travis and CJ are ready for the ACC and Chase is legit from deep and I liked his ball handling as well. If we only had some big men to play with these guys.

Mostly good reports on our remaining players progress from last season. Travis played like a potential all ACC player should and was all over the floor making plays. Carson has filled out some and could be developed as a European style pick and pop power forward. However, a dominant presence in the paint he aint. CJ Harris was a man among boys and really played a smart advanced game and was much improved across the board.

Tony C. scored a lot of points and got a lot of hustle plays, but turned the ball over a fair amount. His running mate Chase Fischer was terrific with his outside shooting from way deep and his overall savvy. I had him for 27 points in his first outing. We got a real steal here. He is already better than Gary Clark. Daniel Green is very skinny and does not really pass the eye test. Fortunately he is very scrappy and not afraid to stick his nose in there. If our front court was not in dire shape, a redshirt year might be appropriate for Daniel. Anthony Fields did not play, due to his wrist rehab. He is really skinny. I would say 5.11 and 160 at best. JT's game had just started and he had not gotten off to a fast start at that point.

Bottomline is Travis and CJ are ready for the ACC and Chase is legit from deep and I liked his ball handling as well. If we only had some big men to play with these guys.

Thanks for the report.

If Don Nelson could make "small ball" work in The League, perhaps Bz can make it work in the ACC....

Report from BSD

Working on some highlights now. Just letting you know that it's not the best quality and I didn't film as much as I had planned because I wanted to watch a fair amount through my real eyes and not the FlipCam. There will be plenty more as the summer progresses.

well at least daniel green is a real person

how the F does someone get an ACC offer and there's not a single video of them online playing basketball?

Merged the threads and updated the title.

Saw all 3 games tonight; most of my thoughts are contained in doofus' excellent recap linked above.

Chase Fischer's shot is absolutely beautiful.

Splicing up the video now. I have shots of CD, CJ, Travis, Chase, TC, and a couple of Green (he didn't do a ton). JTT never did anything worthy of the camera. Working on meshing and throwing it up on YouTube ASAP. Will link to BSD when complete.

Sounds like Chase had a great night. The recap mentioned he rotated well defensively, but was there any indication of his quickness and ability to stay in front of ACC guards? (I know that's asking a lot from watching one summer league game)

Thanks for the honest report. It will be interesting to see if there are some lasting positives out of this summer.

Back