• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Pro-Am Summer League

I went out there, fucked around... got a triple-double.

I have to say it was a good day.

I give you some breaking news: CMM and Devin are our two best players. Codi is way better than everyone else on our team or in the league really.

Rountree had a good overall night again. As always, does a little bit of everything and was hitting a few treys again. Wilbekin wasn't feeling well and didn't play much in the second half. It was fun to watch Devin and Washington go at each other.

Washington looked a lot better. He was going up against a good 6-10 big man and looked pretty good- finally .

Devin tried to dunk on him at least 3 times, but was unsuccessful. 2 fouls and a block. Dre did pretty well defensively and did dunk on Devin one time. Much better on defense than offense though as we have come to expect.

Dre was also going against another 6'11 guy on Devin's team that played for Kent State and graduated in 2012, so that made it a little tougher on him.

Devin tried to dunk on him at least 3 times, but was unsuccessful. 2 fouls and a block. Dre did pretty well defensively and did dunk on Devin one time. Much better on defense than offense though as we have come to expect.

Dre was also going against another 6'11 guy on Devin's team that played for Kent State and graduated in 2012, so that made it a little tougher on him.
That 6-11 guy was big and physical . He could start for us at center and move Devin to the 4. I wish .

I have been hard on CMM because of his shooting . He still is no Skip Brown, but his shot looks better this summer. I never knew he could jump and dunk like this. He hasn't shown it in the WFU games yet. Overton is very skilled but has none of CMM's athleticism :( Rondale has been absent the last 2 nights . Mclinton played against the former UNC forward tonight ( can't recall his name ) . Greg is much more athletic but the UNC guy was so much stronger . It reminded me of our biggest need last year-- another big body in the middle . I hope Leonard and the greek kid can help some in that regard .

Justin Manns?

Justin Manns?

Oops, did not see that Strickland had posted this days before.

I have been hard on CMM because of his shooting . He still is no Skip Brown, but his shot looks better this summer. I never knew he could jump and dunk like this. He hasn't shown it in the WFU games yet.

Again, this is a pickup game. It is not the same as Div1 College basketball. Hell, I look pretty good when I play soccer against my 5 year old. Not so much when I was playing against my 20-something cousin who played in college this past weekend. More physical and better defenders, as well as better low post help defense = less opportunities for a short guard to go up for a dunk.

Again, this is a pickup game. It is not the same as Div1 College basketball. Hell, I look pretty good when I play soccer against my 5 year old. Not so much when I was playing against my 20-something cousin who played in college this past weekend. More physical and better defenders, as well as better low post help defense = less opportunities for a short guard to go up for a dunk.

A better looking shot is a better looking shot regardless of whether it's in the gym or against ACC opponents.

A better looking shot is a better looking shot regardless of whether it's in the gym or against ACC opponents.

Not really. You have a lot more time to shoot (and therefore be more consistent with your form)'in summer league as opposed to ACC games.

Not really. You have a lot more time to shoot (and therefore be more consistent with your form)'in summer league as opposed to ACC games.
Yep. When the pressure is on, old bad habits tend to pop back up.

Exactly that. All a summer league game is no matter what you want to call it or who plays in it is a glorified pick up game with no defense being played. Nobody wants to get hurt and everybody wants to shoot the three ball or dunk. With who we lost this past year in Travis McKie, Tyler Cavanaugh, Coron Williams and Adala Moto and being that we gained basically Greg McClinton, the young man from Greece, Rondale Watson, Mitchell Wilbekin and Darius Leonard we are going to be lucky to get 13 wins this year. Especially looking at both our nonconference and conference schedule. There is just not enough experience there to expect more than that. I hate it as things will definitely get better as we get more and better players but we just do not have much for this year which is kind of like our football program.

Is the Greek kid actually on campus / confirmed as clearing w/ the NCAA? The whole "contract with his parents" deal doesn't quite seem right....

Back