• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Pro-Am Summer League

Mclinton is a freak athlete and his knee looks good ( although he has to wear a brace) . His guards never passed him the ball but I didn't see him miss a shot and he took about 10. He didn't take an outside shot and scored mostly on high flying dunks and drives . He is great in transition and is legit 6'6" to 6'7". Let's pray he can stay healthy. Will be best player on the team this year IMO.

Apparently he looked quick off his feet. Obviously as his first game in 16 months, I think whatever happened is going to be a far cry from how he will look in the fall.

Mclinton is a freak athlete and his knee looks good ( although he has to wear a brace) . His guards never passed him the ball but I didn't see him miss a shot and he took about 10. He didn't take an outside shot and scored mostly on high flying dunks and drives . He is great in transition and is legit 6'6" to 6'7". Let's pray he can stay healthy. Will be best player on the team this year IMO.

He looked bouncy, which was good to see. Didn't really get a chance to see him shoot from distance or his handles to evaluate further. Don't think he's CMM or Devin level quite yet but need him to be 3rd best.

Channel 12 was there and interviewed Mclinton . I'm pretty sure they got tape of 2 of his dunks . Should be on the 11pm news .

Sounds like good intel on McClinton. I always envisioned him as a quick three who can get off a jumper in some traffic, rely somewhat on a fader, but still get down the lane quickly and crash the boards with the ball - thoughts consistent or a little different?

I talked to the coach for player development . He is a very nice guy and he gave a lot of good information.

Sounds like good intel on McClinton. I always envisioned him as a quick three who can get off a jumper in some traffic, rely somewhat on a fader, but still get down the lane quickly and crash the boards with the ball - thoughts consistent or a little different?

I agree.

We'll see about the jumper/fader. He'll be good in transition and as a junk guy around the rim. Hopefully he has or will develop a reliable midrange game

Yea he must be in his mid 30s now. Whit and Wes Hsu are still going strong though at age ~30. Didnt see any other names on the list that I recognized from way back.

I know travis is coaching at tabor now

That whole Reynolds squad was supposed to go to North Forsyth.

Good to hear McClinton impressed. He and Wilbekin are the keys to the team exceeding expectations this year. Still not sure we've had a starter transfer off the team.

I know travis is coaching at tabor now

They were ridiculous, especially when you are a athletically limited 6'2 white boy post player. I think all I saw that night was the bottom of their sneakers. I actually got to coach against him as well when he was at Reagan. He didn't follow West to FCD?

They were ridiculous, especially when you are a athletically limited 6'2 white boy post player. I think all I saw that night was the bottom of their sneakers. I actually got to coach against him as well when he was at Reagan. He didn't follow West to FCD?

Nope. He left reagan following Reagan's run to the quarters I believe. He headed to tabor. West was without him for 2 or 3 seasons.

So West can recruit legally at FCD, right? Change of pace for him, i guess.

Good to hear McClinton impressed. He and Wilbekin are the keys to the team exceeding expectations this year. Still not sure we've had a starter transfer off the team.

If Moto wanted to play small forward, he made a good decision in transferring .

If Moto wanted to play small forward, he made a good decision in transferring .

Calm down.

We do this every year in the summer league. It's fun to watch and everything but completely and utterly meaningless. I remember boldly declaring Cameron Stanley was going to be our best player back when after his redshirt.

Back