• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Skippy’s just posted that as of today, they’re permanently closed. I’d just been thinking about all of the changes they’ve been making to revamp/revitalize.

Skippy’s just posted that as of today, they’re permanently closed. I’d just been thinking about all of the changes they’ve been making to revamp/revitalize.

The food was good, but the pricing was too high IMO.

Noma at LeBauer Park is gone. RIP Bahn Mi

Hmm - hope the one on Battleground sticks around but never seems to be too crowded.

On a related note, I've heard Saigon on High Point Road has the best Bahn Mi in town. I need to get down there and check it out

Hmm - hope the one on Battleground sticks around but never seems to be too crowded.

On a related note, I've heard Saigon on High Point Road has the best Bahn Mi in town. I need to get down there and check it out

Can confirm that Saigon is great. It's definitely the best of the places I've tried in the area (which is only Saigon).

good hear, i went once and liked it but I think they took some rocky early reviews on Yelp and stuff. I think/hope they've worked the kinks out now. The space is amazing.

Yeah, had a couple of friends who went and were unimpressed with the menu. Not that it was bad, just kind of meh for the price.

Saigon is definitely the best in the area.

Noma is fine, but really like the Chipotle of Bahn Mi, their pho was decent though.

Yeah, had a couple of friends who went and were unimpressed with the menu. Not that it was bad, just kind of meh for the price.

That's what I initially thought (overpriced) but the menu isn't so bad - sandwiches are $9-13, salads in the same range, they have steaks which obviously are pricier but also chicken/lamb/salmon in the $18-22 range.

Certainly seemed reasonably priced for the amount and quality of food - you'd probably pay the same for half the food at Crafted - Street Food

On an unrelated note, tried to go to village tavern at westridge 2 weekends ago and it was closed for renovations. Surprised that wasn't publicized.

Get the fuck outta here.

Who what when where why? Legit source?

Legit source on the ownership, not 100 percent sure they're gonna do wings tho, given they created another concept with Cin Cins. Will post if I hear. Like you, I'd like them to essentially bring Waldo's downtown.

I went there for lunch that day and was interviewed on news 14.

Legit source on the ownership, not 100 percent sure they're gonna do wings tho, given they created another concept with Cin Cins. Will post if I hear. Like you, I'd like them to essentially bring Waldo's downtown.

Bummed to hear this. I’m all about the small town original spots. Going to have to switch allegiances to Ted’s and Ronnies.

This definitely isn't a surprise to hear. I know a or the chef at Cin Cin. He's been around a few restaurants in Winston. Wife and I were in there a few months back and he said the owners were looking for another location for something, but didn't divulge any info on what type of restaurant.

Back