• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trip to New Orleans with the wife

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just pick up where this left off. I too am headed down with the wife in February and wanted to get a head start on things. There are lots of good recs here but none on where to stay. What part of town does one stay in NOLA? Do you do a hotel or a cool place off airbnb?

I'm glad you bumped this, I'm going on my bachelor party in January. What is a can't miss? I've never been and I'm hoping fucking Saints fans don't ruin the experience...

I'm headed to NOLA for a bachelor party in less than a month. So tell me all the stuff you wouldn't recommend to DeacWatcher.

KThnx.

I'm headed to NOLA for a bachelor party in less than a month. So tell me all the stuff you wouldn't recommend to DeacWatcher.

KThnx.

In January? I'm going weekend before MLK

The weekend of the 10th? Because that's when I will be there. Staying at the Sheraton Downtown with about 15 bros. Should be a good time.

We'll be there too, some at Courtyard in FQ and some at the Roosevelt.

I posted an exhaustive list on the last nola thread. No time to dig it up now.

Stay in the Quarter or CBD. Royal Sonesta, Monteleone, Le Pavillion, W French Q, W CBD.

You might get murdered on AirBnB in NOLA. For a large group you can try VRBO, but again if you dont know the city well, you might get murdered.

We'll be there too, some at Courtyard in FQ and some at the Roosevelt.

Nice. Should be a fun weekend with NFL playoff games on, and a good possibility of the Panthers and Saints playing each other.

Speaking of, is there a sports book at the Harrah's in the FQ? Might need to wager some coin that weekend.

I am actually sitting in a new orleans hotel room right now. Unfortunately, I'm on the clock and can't see the sights this time around

Hmm, I have absolutely no memory of writing this. Nor do I recall ever working in New Orleans. BLACKOUT.

I'm glad you bumped this, I'm going on my bachelor party in January. What is a can't miss? I've never been and I'm hoping fucking Saints fans don't ruin the experience...

posted on the bro thread but we did a cocktail tour of the FQ during my bachelor party on Easter weekend. it was a great way to kill a Saturday afternoon before the heavy drinking got started for the night. I think Gray Line does the tours.

hit up Harrah's on Sunday morning and it's the best I've ever done at the blackjack tables.

Wife & I stayed at the Prince Conti Hotel 2 summers ago & really enjoyed it. Great location...1/2 a block off Bourbon St in the FQ.

Bachelor party in April. Staying an extra day to do something touristy like the WW2 or jazz heritage museum.

Never been to NO. Excited..

HTTD and I are planning on heading to NOLA in March but last night realized that the dates we had picked are the weekend after Mardi Gras. Is it still going to be crazy then or, more importantly, will prices still be jacked up?

Some good names here. I agree with hotel monte lone and Cochin s really good. Check in on Lafayette's as was mentioned. Also for brunch check out atcheflaya

The ghost tour is a lot f fun. You wal around the quarter and learn some history. Worth the time. My wife is from the coast so we go fairly often

Okay let's try another question - how do you guys normally get from the airport to hotel/downtown? Taxi? Rental car?

Back