• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Budget Proposal: Screw the Poor, the Sick and the Old

D) if any of the last three presidents who had school age kids did the same thing

D) if any of the last three presidents who had school age kids did the same thing

Avalon's points are valid, but every kid is different and every kid has different needs.

As a parent, I wouldn't even apply for a job that took me away from the one place my child could get his needs met.

Avalon's points are valid, but every kid is different and every kid has different needs.

although i agree with this i don't think that hefty price tag should be put onto the American people.

just like his use of the golf course which i noticed just doubled it's enrollment prices.

So you don't understand why climate change matters. Ok. Well at least there is a starting point for discussion.

Ph, I would honestly like for you to educate me on how Global Warming has impacted my life directly. It has now been 11 years since Gore released his movie that warned of a 10 year tipping point. Still waiting. Also, Big Al bought an oceanfront beach house. I guess he isn't too concerned about rising oceans. Can you provide a bullet list? I would love to know.

I am also interested in understanding how your lifestyle differs from mine - to compare a true believer to a denier. What is it that I am missing?

Here are some basic questions to get started. I am going to skip 'do you recycle' because I think every city does at this point.

1. Do you use Amazon?
2. What about Hello Fresh / Blue Apron?
3. Do you buy bottled water?
4. Do you use cloth or disposable diapers for your kids?
5. Gas or electric car?
6. Reusable or disposable grocery bags?

I would also like to invite the other snarky folks on this thread to participate:
warak
TownieDeac
Shooschmoo
birdman
rjkarl

My answers:
1. I love it! Use it for all kinds of things and have dash buttons in the house for items such as toilet paper and laundry detergent.
2. Meals show up every week. Tired of all of the chopping and giving Hello Fresh a try on 3/29.
3. Just too convenient not to buy it. $4 for a case at sames. Use it for the little guys bottle and for water on the go.
4. Would never consider cloth. Get that shit out of my house. Literally.
5. 3 gas vehicles. Very interested in a Tesla Model 3 though.
6. Austin has a bag ban and I have reusable ones in my trunk that I always forget and spend $3.30 on bags every time.

I agree with you but also note that Republicans would have screamed their heads off if taxpayers were paying a half million per day so that Michelle could live in Chicago after Obama was elected.

one of the first things my wife teaches her (college) students is that all of the things you asked are great and important but almost completely irrelevant for the climate change discussion

I agree with you but also note that Republicans would have screamed their heads off if taxpayers were paying a half million per day so that Michelle could live in Chicago after Obama was elected.

They'd be 100% hypocrites, no doubt.

As a parent, I wouldn't even apply for a job that took me away from the one place my child could get his needs met.

Agreed. But my head isn't big enough to believe that this country needs me.

i mean, let's be real. Donald Trump's life and resources are (if we take them at face value, YMMV) vastly different than any of ours.

Sure. So why does he need my resources?

i don't know what the laws and regulations are but are you suggesting he recall the secret service and fortify Trump Tower on his own dime?

Sure. So why does he need my resources?

He doesn't, but he gets them because we asked him to be President.

But, Republicans should be as critical of him as they were Obama.

i don't know what the laws and regulations are but are you suggesting he recall the secret service and fortify Trump Tower on his own dime?

I think the federal government should reimburse NY and Palm Beach for the security costs.

one of the first things my wife teaches her (college) students is that all of the things you asked are great and important but almost completely irrelevant for the climate change discussion

Does she also teach them the definition of a tipping point?

Ph, I would honestly like for you to educate me on how Global Warming has impacted my life directly. It has now been 11 years since Gore released his movie that warned of a 10 year tipping point. Still waiting. Also, Big Al bought an oceanfront beach house. I guess he isn't too concerned about rising oceans. Can you provide a bullet list? I would love to know.

I am also interested in understanding how your lifestyle differs from mine - to compare a true believer to a denier. What is it that I am missing?

Here are some basic questions to get started. I am going to skip 'do you recycle' because I think every city does at this point.

1. Do you use Amazon?
2. What about Hello Fresh / Blue Apron?
3. Do you buy bottled water?
4. Do you use cloth or disposable diapers for your kids?
5. Gas or electric car?
6. Reusable or disposable grocery bags?

I would also like to invite the other snarky folks on this thread to participate:
warak
TownieDeac
Shooschmoo
birdman
rjkarl

My answers:
1. I love it! Use it for all kinds of things and have dash buttons in the house for items such as toilet paper and laundry detergent.
2. Meals show up every week. Tired of all of the chopping and giving Hello Fresh a try on 3/29.
3. Just too convenient not to buy it. $4 for a case at sames. Use it for the little guys bottle and for water on the go.
4. Would never consider cloth. Get that shit out of my house. Literally.
5. 3 gas vehicles. Very interested in a Tesla Model 3 though.
6. Austin has a bag ban and I have reusable ones in my trunk that I always forget and spend $3.30 on bags every time.

I guess i have gotten snarky of late...apologies.

I would be happy to participate:

1. Yes, not really often but as needed.
2. No. I have five garden boxes in my yard and grow a lot of my own food and enjoy cooking. We have chickens for eggs also.
3. Not often, but have them occasionally if camping or the like (used to use iodine tabs). We also use three rainwater collection systems for our garden.
4. I have no kids, but use all cloth napkins and cloth dog towels.
5. Prius (but i do have my old '78 ford i like to work on and use for hauling mulch and soil).
6. Reusable grocery bags.

I wish I could give you the smoking gun as it relates to Global Warming. I don't have the data and I don't know where to find it that Rep would #1 believe (everything if fake, besides Fox, which is the dumbest thing I have every heard) or #2 change your mind. I can show you Grants / Papers / Stats / Polar tips melting / oceans rising but that has been done before. Prob a good indicator is the ocean acidification levels. My understanding this is a direct link to CO2 and effects the Ph level of the water...could kill life in the ocean. Personally I think the view of this administration on the environment is shameful. Without the EPA or CWA, Flint would have been left helpless. Coal ash has proved to kill off wildlife in rivers and streams. Now nobody is regulating companies from dumping crap wherever and whenever they want...Companies are not concerned with people, only dollars.

Quick flash back as i was typing...remember how the acid rain effected the top of Mount Mitchell. I use hike there as a boy scout and did that again after college...quite a difference.

RE: Trump - I might be one of the only true fiscal conservatives on this board, I don't spend money and I don't like to take chances with my money. Trump make my blood boil with his unneeded financial expenditures and self promotion or benefit. Every dollar spent in NYC and FL goes right back into the Trump pocket. He doesn't need to play golf 11 times in 8 weeks or Melania doesn't need to stay in NY, it is Trump being the Capitalist. Trump is the epitome of a Capitalist, there is nothing wrong with that as an American, but the President of the United States should not be swindling the American people to line his pockets.

Does she also teach them the definition of a tipping point?

the lesson is that people focus too much on feeling good about recycling their Honest Tea bottles and less on doing and recognizing good science and affecting public policy

the lesson is that people focus too much on feeling good about recycling their Honest Tea bottles and less on doing and recognizing good science and affecting public policy

Just wonder because pinocha could use a refresher. You

Back