• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Committed Tax Fraud & Insurance Fraud & Bank Fraud

Trump org. cheated our country out of roughly a million dollars with tax fraud and all kinds of shady shit while everyday "real Americans" pay their full amount of taxes....I mean that's not nothing.

well he is 73

this is a huge waste of government resources if this is their case. i can't believe they'd charge anyone with tax fraud over this, so I (gulp) agree with trump that this feels like a vendetta.

Still, what was being done is against the law

is this all they got or are they trying to get him to flip?

I've seen speculation that there was a SOL on these specific charges so they led with this. There are still months left for then to roll out more indictments.

Trump org. cheated our country out of roughly a million dollars with tax fraud and all kinds of shady shit while everyday "real Americans" pay their full amount of taxes....I mean that's not nothing.

You don't spend multiples of that in taxpayer money to try to bring case for a million dollars.

You don't spend multiples of that in taxpayer money to try to bring case for a million dollars.

I'm willing to admit the initial charges, while definitely a crime seem a bit small compared to all the stories of bank, insurance, wire fraud directly by Trump that were possibilities.

But, I think beyond Trump, governments and states need to be more forceful and attacking in going after white collar crimes. We spends multiples of actual dollar value of crimes all the time prosecuting poor and middle class people for stuff. How many people end up in jail for years for stuff like $5k in writing bad checks, or petty burglary?

A crime is a crime and if you did it, you need to do the time. Fuck this shit about white collar criminals getting a pass bc their crime wasn’t big enough.

well he is 73

this is a huge waste of government resources if this is their case. i can't believe they'd charge anyone with tax fraud over this, so I (gulp) agree with trump that this feels like a vendetta.

Almost all prosecutions cost more than the defendant would have gained.

Let's see how that ignorance of the law approach works out for him.

Almost all prosecutions cost more than the defendant would have gained.

Weird how we only talk about waste of government resources for white collar crime.

Weird how we only talk about waste of government resources for white collar crime.

Yeah, no one on this board has ever criticized the War on Drugs or the profligate spending on military vehicles by local law enforcement agencies.

would y'all have preferred al capone not be prosecuted at all ?

Yeah, no one on this board has ever criticized the War on Drugs or the profligate spending on military vehicles by local law enforcement agencies.

The larger problem is that the punishment doesn’t fit the crime. When coupled with the excessive spending, the war on drugs looks ineffective and dumb. Whereas charging one high-profile defendant for tax fraud may actually have some deterrent affect for the other fraudsters out there.

if trump and company wanted to commit tax fraud, they would do it and make it worth their while. This is stupid. We have all been led to believe that a monthslong investigation by the federal government would result in meaningful charges against someone. Instead, they got hit with the same types of issues that 50% of american companies get audited for every year.

This is like giving OJ a parking ticket and claiming that we finally got him.

if trump and company wanted to commit tax fraud, they would do it and make it worth their while. This is stupid. We have all been led to believe that a monthslong investigation by the federal government would result in meaningful charges against someone. Instead, they got hit with the same types of issues that 50% of american companies get audited for every year.

This is like giving OJ a parking ticket and claiming that we finally got him.

I'm holding out hope for the Mueller report. CNN told me that's going to be the silver bullet to finally take down Donald Kavanaugh, Jr.

who knew that jh and brad shared a logon?

I'm holding out hope for the Mueller report. CNN told me that's going to be the silver bullet to finally take down Donald Kavanaugh, Jr.

you are also waiting on that August 12th date when your orange jesus will be in the WH again. anything else you short bus people think will happen, but evidently will not because of deep state? i mean no reasonable person would believe the lies from Trump cronies.

republicans would rather prosecute a dark-skinned person that steals change from your car rather than a white organization that steals tens of millions, or hundreds of millions, from the government. that is some blue-collar working man shit right there...'merica, right W&B?

Back