• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump - Dodd-Frank Reform

too bad cause I said 'surviving' not 'thriving.' I think you are thinking about 2and2 who said they were "doing well"

ok, then "surviving" and "we've lost over half" isn't contradictory.

Since the 80s, it said. that was 30 years before Dodd Frank, but keep on keeping on. So yeah, surviving.

You really want to roll back regs on banks? Are you a banker? jesus dude

Here I am married to a small business owner with others in the family and friends not complaining about Dodd frank and you are ostensibly fighting for small business owners and favoring rolling it back. I can't comprehend

Since the 80s, it said. that was 30 years before Dodd Frank, but keep on keeping on. So yeah, surviving.

You really want to roll back regs on banks? Are you a banker? jesus dude

I like some aspects of the bill. But in general, I want simple regulations. Keep a healthy capital ratio. Penalize and clawback if you do something wrong. I want my deposits separate from derivative speculation.

I don't think investment advisors with less than 15 clients need to register with the SEC. I don't think I need to make $200k a year to be able to invest my money where I want to invest my money. (I know that wasn't on this bill). But adding more "protections and regulations to proect consumers" limits my ability to do what I want, and I'm fairly financially saavy, which in essence keeps the rich as the only people who can really make money.

This is the biggest thing that sticks out to me. The Fiduciary Rule was going to be a win/win for everybody involved except for those trying to take money off of retirees and people who are uneducated, and now it won't be put into place in April.

The fact that they think it's "overly protective of people who don't need protecting" is comically out of touch.

The annuity wholesalers I've spoken with are absolutely giddy.

This would be a great discussion if we had a President that was marginally competent and cared about anything other than getting his billionaire friends money (he admitted as much). As it is, anyone on the right thinking Trump is going to do anything to help middle class Americans has been taken by a hoax.

Because of the consumer protections baked into DF to hopefully prevent another financial crisis by fault of reckless, deregulated banking.

If I own a restaurant and part of my overall expense is food safety, I am going to be less profitable than if I didn't have to worry about the consumer's safety. But should we be fighting to remove food safety regs?

Conservatives would generally say yes.

This would be a great discussion if we had a President that was marginally competent and cared about anything other than getting his billionaire friends money (he admitted as much). As it is, anyone on the right thinking Trump is going to do anything to help middle class Americans has been taken by a hoax.

A hoax they are more than willingness to believe.

Conservatives would generally say yes.

A hoax they are more than willingness to believe.

Trump is like meth. These people are so hooked, they believe whatever side of an issue Trump tells them even if that side routinely changes because no matter what, Trump is #winning.

Back