• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Foundation purchase porrtait found hanging at Doral

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This is black letter illegal.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nake...foundation-turns-up-at-doral-golf-resort.html

"The Post had been unable to find the two paintings. But an eagle-eyed reader found a photo of one of them on the Trip Advisor website -- hanging at Trump National Doral, the golf resort outside Miami.

So Univision, the resort's next-door neighbor, checked it out. A reporter booked a room at Trump National on Tuesday night -- and found the 6-foot portrait, for which the foundation paid $10,000."

There's no question this is illegal.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nake...foundation-turns-up-at-doral-golf-resort.html

"The Post had been unable to find the two paintings. But an eagle-eyed reader found a photo of one of them on the Trip Advisor website -- hanging at Trump National Doral, the golf resort outside Miami.

So Univision, the resort's next-door neighbor, checked it out. A reporter booked a room at Trump National on Tuesday night -- and found the 6-foot portrait, for which the foundation paid $10,000."

But he could shoot someone in the middle of Times Square and not lose a vote. So what difference does it make?

It's the "Trump" Foundation. He can do whatever the fuck he wants with it. It's his.

a foundation can't spend its money on artwork for it's office (or whatever) or even as an investment?

a foundation can't spend its money on artwork for it's office (or whatever) or even as an investment?

If you use money that belongs to your charity and do not use it for "charitable purposes" then it's an IRS violation prohibiting nonprofit principals from spending charity money on/for themselves.

Guess you could argue that it is benefiting the charity in some way. I look forward to hearing their response, as they've had plenty of time to come up with something.

If you use money that belongs to your charity and do not use it for "charitable purposes" then it's an IRS violation prohibiting nonprofit principals from spending charity money on/for themselves.

Guess you could argue that it is benefiting the charity in some way. I look forward to hearing their response, as they've had plenty of time to come up with something.

i get that but that's not really answering my question. i'm sure that's what this particular purchase was for but what if The Human Fund wants to buy a Monet at an auction and then lends it to a small gallery?

i get that but that's not really answering my question. i'm sure that's what this particular purchase was for but what if The Human Fund wants to buy a Monet at an auction and then lends it to a small gallery?

think it's simpler than that: "Federal law prohibiting charities from making purchases for their principals."

if Trump instructed this purchase with foundation funds, it's likely illegal

idk about "black letter illegal" but likely illegal

but how can you prove it was for Trump in this case? it's not in his house. it's in a resort owned, presumably, by a holding company

but how can you prove it was for Trump in this case? it's not in his house. it's in a resort owned, presumably, by a holding company

i'm not sure anyone has, but the IRS is investigating other things, so i'm guessing these will start to add up if there's a paper trail

so maybe gray letter illegal at this point

i mean, do we really want to be in a world where the rich can't use shell organizations to benefit themselves personally?

HillShills are getting desperate I see. So much insecurity . Sad !

Back