• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

I know he has no chance, but it was refreshing to hear Chris Christie on CNN last night say rational things like perhaps the GOP should blame Trump for this current mess because his actions, you know, are what caused his indictment. Not Joe Biden. Not the DOJ. Not Hillary Clinton.

It will all fall on deaf ears with the current deranged GOP base, but at least someone is saying what needs to be said.

I know he has no chance, but it was refreshing to hear Chris Christie on CNN last night say rational things like perhaps the GOP should blame Trump for this current mess because his actions, you know, are what caused his indictment. Not Joe Biden. Not the DOJ. Not Hillary Clinton.

It will all fall on deaf ears with the current deranged GOP base, but at least someone is saying what needs to be said.
Yeah fuck that guy. Him saying that as a "Republican" just gives cover for people like pops and windy to continue pretending that the entire GOP isn't a fascist cult. They need to very visible abandon the party and start a new one.

Christie is a mildly entertaining asshole when he is right (calling out the GOP), but he has long since forfeited any credibility on that front wrt to being electable or publicly redeemable. He'd still be licking Trump's boots if he wasn't personally belittled by Trump. The Rubio clip was good, but it's a reminder that he could have done the same thing to Trump in 2016 and just-didn't.

He had a chance to say that in the past. He's only saying it now because his only hope is to fill the void left by Trump.

He's a whore, just slightly less of one than some of the other candidates.

yeah, Christie is a whore but at least he is saying the GOP quiet things out loud for once. The more he does, the more other candidates might get comfortable touching on these issues. GOP is the current party of no accountability (anti Woke, anti CRT, etc.)...so i won't hold my breath!

I think we should encourage people who tell the truth about trumpism, whether or not the speaker has a perfect record. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to preserve your career and be honest about trump as a republican. That's part of what makes it so sinister - the people willing to stand up to him were forced out or left voluntarily.

I want people to be honest about Trumpism. I also want them to be honest about why they didn't speak up about it earlier.

I think we should encourage people who tell the truth about trumpism, whether or not the speaker has a perfect record. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to preserve your career and be honest about trump as a republican. That's part of what makes it so sinister - the people willing to stand up to him were forced out or left voluntarily.
As long as they retain the "Republican" label they can fuck off. The entirety of the republican party is rotten, and we should stop pretending it is salvageable. Public figures like Christie give cover for the party and allow people to justify staying in the party; even if they end up voting third party for president, they vote Pub in local or state elections for people they've never heard of. I think it is great that Christie is speaking out against Trump, I think he should be doing it as a candidate for president in another political party and I think he should be speaking out against anybody or institution that covers for Trump.

And whose fault is that??!

Republican “leadership” that decided decades ago to nod and wink at lies, bigotry and racism, and evangelical lunacy in order to garner power.

I mean, I’d like to see a healthy GOP. But they’ll have to stop with poisonous partisanship and destructive dishonesty etc. that extends beyond definitely condemning Trump.

There are plenty of former Republicans who provide a model of how current Republicans can move forward. They just need to take it.

And whose fault is that??!

Republican “leadership” that decided decades ago to nod and wink at lies, bigotry and racism, and evangelical lunacy in order to garner power.
I agree with you and Birdman. I also think Fox News and the right wing media shares much of the blame for having brainwashed 1/3 of this country.

I admittedly hate trump so much that I'm willing to give guys like Christie a pass as long as they are doing the right thing now.

Would anyone else, if indicted on the same charges as Trump is facing, be allowed to walk out after they were arraigned? Wouldn't most people be jailed since the charges are about compromising/risking national security? The Rosenbergs weren't let out on bail or their own recognizance.

Would anyone else, if indicted on the same charges as Trump is facing, be allowed to walk out after they were arraigned? Wouldn't most people be jailed since the charges are about compromising/risking national security? The Rosenbergs weren't let out on bail or their own recognizance.
He doesn't have the documents anymore, right? The guy can't answer a straight question to save his life. Good luck trying to get him to describe some top secret intelligence.

He doesn't have the documents anymore, right? The guy can't answer a straight question to save his life. Good luck trying to get him to describe some top secret intelligence.

How could they know for sure if he doesn’t have anymore documents?

which broadcast network has THE BEST coverage

Back