• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TRump is flatout lying about his investigators!

killing his brand among educated, intelligent people maybe. But he's also making himself popular to a large mass of dumbasses. He just wants ratings for his show. It might work.

His ratings for Celebrity Apprentice are dropping like a rock. Trump should've checked first, but it turns out his audience is predominantly liberal, according to research recently cited by Nate Silver on his 538 blog. Trump has miscalculated badly on that front.

Arlington,
Do you agree that this was a publicty stunt to push his ratings past 5/22 and allow him to "run" without providing disclosures?

I think the birther thing is pretty ridiculous. And while I don't think President Obama's path to law review editor is an important or relevant issue in the next election, someone who wasn't a candidate wouldn't be wrong tro critize Harvard's polcies of anti-meritocracy that occur post-admission.

That being said, Harvard is private and can do whatever the hell it wants.

Arlington,
Do you agree that this was a publicty stunt to push his ratings past 5/22 and allow him to "run" without providing disclosures?

I think the birther thing is pretty ridiculous. And while I don't think President Obama's path to law review editor is an important or relevant issue in the next election, someone who wasn't a candidate wouldn't be wrong tro critize Harvard's polcies of anti-meritocracy that occur post-admission.

That being said, Harvard is private and can do whatever the hell it wants.

I know one thing- Trump won't run because he will never, ever publicly disclose his tax returns. So yes, I think all of this has been an ego trip/publicity stunt.

Arguing about whether Obama really deserved Harvard Law Review is pointless, IMO. It's like arguing whether he's an "A" intellect or an "A-" intellect. And it's pretty irrelevant in assessing a guy who has years of experience on the job to review.

Last edited:
In terms of the Presidency, completely agree. This has no bearing on the issues or his qualifications.

As for law school debates, as a former law student, it does have an interest and an important question for how best to maximize legal talent in the future.

This means, in the grand scheme of things, due to President Obama being the President, it is a distraction that can and should wait.

media.jpg

Interesting thread to review. One of my friends is a moderate 'Pub who voted for Obama in 2008 and became disillusioned with Obama by 2011. Despite that, he was disgusted that Obama released his birth certificate when he did. Was convinced that the GOP would have been far better served for the long haul if Obama would have let a wingnut demolishment derby to occur and Obama had released the birth certificate post convention. Obama lanced the boil too soon.

Seems quaint to believe Trump's bither obsession would be his worst mistake. Pretty much a shoo in for the GOP nomination and a puncher's chance in a general election. Lucky us.

Those that long for him back need only visit the other board and read the 'make outlandish statements, call others idiots and then play victim' shit show he creates in thread after thread over there.

The boards are more fun with heroes and villains like RJKarl.

#freeRJ

Boards were definitely better with RJ because it has turned into a LW circle jerk. Before, the circle jerk at least used to be broken up by both sides calling out RJ for something.

Boards were definitely better with RJ because it has turned into a LW circle jerk. Before, the circle jerk at least used to be broken up by both sides calling out RJ for something.

I got super excited when I saw this thread, as I thought RJ had made his triumphant return. Now I feel this overwhelming depression.

So people used to piss on RJ between jerks.

Back