• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Violates the One Rule You Can't Violate (Can Anyone Defend This?)

There is an urban legend (not sure it's true) in Vegas that Steve Wynn got upset at the mounds on a hole of his super exclusive club. He call the course superintendent to have the mounds removed. The course was closed for a couple of weeks and they were gone.

Thats interesting I wonder the weight and all that. We were strictly forbidden from putting Cushman cars or carts or tractors on greens.

Add to that, when they spray the greens with fungicide or whatever else, they do it with 1 of those green carts with a big vat on wheels in tow. I usually play 1st thing in the a.m., while it's coolest and so I can walk 18 in 2:40 so I can get to work at 10:00. So I run into the mowers and sprayers all the time (always careful not to hit into them - and want to stay behind the greens mowers at all times).

A lot of super successful people are hated

It comes with the territory

Generally if you are super successful at something that brings good to the world, you aren't hated.

Trump has, in my estimation, done nothing in his life that brought good to the world besides his above-average non-actor cameo in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

I love the justifications on this thread equating maintenance crew taking equipment on the green that is necessary for green maintenance to Trump just driving all over it because he's too lazy to get out of his cart.

Groundskeepers everywhere cringe as "Trumping" on the greens is bound to trend. "Go ahead and Trump me right up to the hole."

I love the justifications on this thread equating maintenance crew taking equipment on the green that is necessary for green maintenance to Trump just driving all over it because he's too lazy to get out of his cart.

No, I said it's a serious breach of etiquette. But as long as he doesn't brake, it probably won't damage the greens.

This is the problem...this is FUNNY...it's not about his making the world much more dangerous...It's about FUN...

I realize that's a foreign concept here.

not everyone has the *same* definition of fun, however

There is an urban legend (not sure it's true) in Vegas that Steve Wynn got upset at the mounds on a hole of his super exclusive club. He call the course superintendent to have the mounds removed. The course was closed for a couple of weeks and they were gone.

rjkomedian, why hast thou forsaken me?

Groundskeepers everywhere cringe as "Trumping" on the greens is bound to trend. "Go ahead and Trump me right up to the hole."

Bill_Murray_Caddyshack2.gif

Add to that, when they spray the greens with fungicide or whatever else, they do it with 1 of those green carts with a big vat on wheels in tow. I usually play 1st thing in the a.m., while it's coolest and so I can walk 18 in 2:40 so I can get to work at 10:00. So I run into the mowers and sprayers all the time (always careful not to hit into them - and want to stay behind the greens mowers at all times).

perhaps this is the difference between a municipal course and a private course :thumbsup:

perhaps this is the difference between a municipal course and a private course :thumbsup:

Actually, a private club probably wouldn't let me off 10-15 minutes before the 1st tee time like my muni does unless I'm Curtis Strange or something. I worked in the bag room of 1 of those exclusive private courses when I was a kid, and they were strict about the rules and wouldn't allow such things. So I'm happy with my cheap muni when they get the greens rolling at a good pace. Most other public courses in the MD and VA area that I've played have very slow greens.

Walking 18 holes in 2:40 is moving. That's up there with Usain Bolt's 100m record, Kenyan Boston Marathon records, and the 4 minute mile. That's gotta be a tightly packed course.

Walking 18 holes in 2:40 is moving. That's up there with Usain Bolt's 100m record, Kenyan Boston Marathon records, and the 4 minute mile. That's gotta be a tightly packed course.

Yes. This time of year I'm drenched in sweat and have to use rain gloves because I can't grip the club otherwise. Not sure if it'd be faster if I had a push cart, but I want to carry until I can't. And yes, there are a few long walks, but it's a fairly tight layout.

Yeah, that is moving quick. Captain's choice perhaps?

Back