• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump will be removed before he can finish his term

the narrative that we'd prefer idiot loose cannon donald trump to mike pence is just stupid

Politically Trump is better if only for the fact he could only serve until 2024.

Politically Trump is better if only for the fact he could only serve until 2024.

Well in a scenario where Trump is impeached and removed before Jan. 20, 2019, Pence would be restricted to 2024 as well. VPs can serve up to 10 years if assuming the presidency during a term, but if they would be re-elected to a four year term that would extend past those 10 years, then the VP could not run again. At least, that's how I understand what I've been reading for the past two hours.

Well in a scenario where Trump is impeached and removed before Jan. 20, 2019, Pence would be restricted to 2024 as well. VPs can serve up to 10 years if assuming the presidency during a term, but if they would be re-elected to a four year term that would extend past those 10 years, then the VP could not run again. At least, that's how I understand what I've been reading for the past two hours.

Right. But that's highly unlikely.

Agreed. It doesn't even make political sense for several reasons. Pence could be worse than Trump. This thing could be much bigger than Trump anyway. Dems need this stench to linger until 2020 and for Trump to run for re-election.

This is crazy logic to me. You are willing to ride it out with a mad man at the helm, in order to gain some political points in a mid term? When the world ends with trumps finger on the nuclear button, PH will be like ah well think about all those seats we could of picked up, totally worth it.

I have no reason to believe a Dem can beat Trump no matter what happens between now and 2020.

This is crazy logic to me. You are willing to ride it out with a mad man at the helm, in order to gain some political points in a mid term? When the world ends with trumps finger on the nuclear button, PH will be like ah well think about all those seats we could of picked up, totally worth it.

Yeah. Political logic is crazy logic. Pence is a mad man too. Just experienced.

You're the Republican. You all chose the mad man.

I have no reason to believe a Dem can beat Trump no matter what happens between now and 2020.

The significant block of people that voted for Trump ONLY because they didn't want to vote Hillary will probably not vote for Trump again.

Voters who voted for Trump because "He will run it like one of his businesses, not like a normal politician" will probably not vote for Trump again.

All you need is a couple percentage points in a couple places, and it was a runaway victory for HRC. If a better, younger candidate that doesn't have 30 years of baggage runs against Trump, I think you get those couple points and more.

Didn't like 96% of Trump voters polled say they approve of the job he's doing?

The significant block of people that voted for Trump ONLY because they didn't want to vote Hillary will probably not vote for Trump again.

Voters who voted for Trump because "He will run it like one of his businesses, not like a normal politician" will probably not vote for Trump again.

All you need is a couple percentage points in a couple places, and it was a runaway victory for HRC. If a better, younger candidate that doesn't have 30 years of baggage runs against Trump, I think you get those couple points and more.

No treasonous chicanery from the entire Trump team and the Russians might help too.

The Dems can't impeach Trump. This is an exercise in futility, and I don't really see how such a filing helps the situation from a political perspective. I know Dems want their pound of flesh, but they simply can't have it at this time. In addition, doesn't it help you in the midterms and in 2020 if you're running against the current dufus as opposed to President Pence, who is much more competent, and who would be better able to enact more of the Trump/Pence agenda? The smarter move at this juncture would be to kick Pelosi to the curb, pick a minority leader who can speak coherent sentences and tell your House minions not to file such crap and STFU. Bringing bullshite impeachment charges isn't the way to bring disgruntled blue collar white folks back into the fold.

I agree. If I am a Democrat, #1) get rid of Pelosi ASAP and #2) hold off on talks of impeachment until the Mueller investigation is finished.

The Dems could really use a rural or red state Dem as minority leader. I like Schiff but another California Dem isn't a good look especially with the possibility of Kamala Harris coming to the forefront as well.

You give the fucking rubes way too much credit. They adore this chode more and more every single day.

Yeah, I agree with DeacFreak: If you were able to overlook all of Trump's baggage this time around, you will do it again in 2020. Even if the Dems ran the ideal candidate, Trump will drag them through the mud, and just make things up if he has to. Hell, he made things up when he didn't have to vs Hillary. The people who say they held their nose and voted Trump mean that they didn't like Trump in the primaries, but they would vote for him again against any Dem. You also have to remember that the #2 guy for the Pubs was the least liked person in the senate: Ted Cruz.

The only way to stop Trump is to avoid an election via removal from office. The only good thing about this Republican dominated hill is that it will have to be for a good reason, which would HOPEFULLY quell riots on 5th avenue. It's why questioning the results of the election was never a good approach, and one I don't think many reasonable people took seriously. But if a Pub house and senate get him out of office, you would have to be a fringe whack job to argue, and should probably be on a watch list.

Last edited:
Agreed. Anti-Clinton sentiment was high but it's also a cop out for people who voted for Donald but don't want people to think they did it because they liked him. In 2020 it'll be "well Pelosi is the leader of the House so I voted for Donald for divided government!"

People don't care about facts anymore, and Donald Trump has tapped into that tremendously by obfuscating reality and replacing it with his own form of reality.

People don't care about facts anymore, and Donald Trump has tapped into that tremendously by obfuscating reality and replacing it with his own form of reality.

Keep in mind, he targeted a crowd that stopped caring about facts a long time ago.

If Dems can manage to flip the House in 2018, I think things will brighten considerably for 2020.

the question is whether or not Russia will permit us to hold open elections in 2020

nah

1. pubs maintain all branches.

2. dems do this to america:

giphy.gif

?????????

4. moonz says he told you so

Back