• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's real goal

The crazy thing is we've gone from Trump doesn't even want to win he just wants to form a media company watched by all the rubes, to oh Trump's just going to use this to get him and his rich friends richer, to Trump wants to be a dictator. Honestly I don't even know what's true anymore. Similarly he's either a useful idiot to Putin, being blackmailed by Putin, or straight up in bed with Putin plotting a way to take over the world. The only thing I keep coming back to is how flagrantly stupid he is at times and how there is no way this dude could end up being the dictator to take down the American republic.

As of right now what group of thought is more ridiculous?

1. Those who think Donald could actually become a dictator
2. Those who think there's no way Donald could actually become a dictator

Until the last month or so I would have never thought this was a question worth considering, but it does keep getting closer and closer in my opinion.

Number 1. Hands down.

And stop making me agree with sailor by asking dumb questions.

Yeah let's wait till he actually has a legislative victory. Like his campaign his presidency has been all hat no cattle so far.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The crazy thing is we've gone from Trump doesn't even want to win he just wants to form a media company watched by all the rubes, to oh Trump's just going to use this to get him and his rich friends richer, to Trump wants to be a dictator. Honestly I don't even know what's true anymore. Similarly he's either a useful idiot to Putin, being blackmailed by Putin, or straight up in bed with Putin plotting a way to take over the world. The only thing I keep coming back to is how flagrantly stupid he is at times and how there is no way this dude could end up being the dictator to take down the American republic.

True words.

I don't think he will become one but I think he wants to be an authoritarian. It's naive to think otherwise based on his actions. You think he will peacefully cede power if he believes he's got support?

I do agree with MM that he's too incompetent to actually become a dictator.

And let's all remember sailor said, and continues to argue, that the Russian Donald combo is a canard despite evidence continuing to pile up to the contrary.

If someone had said two years ago that Russia attempted to influence the election to relative success, most wouldnt think that could happen either.

All of those are the same, logical path. He never thought he'd win and was thinking about starting a media empire. He is using his office to make his rich friends and especially his family richer. From Trump's statements while in office, it's quite easy to see that he would love be a dictator. He thinks he should be above the law.

None of these are mutually exclusive nor do any contradict the others. They are a natural progression.

And let's all remember sailor said, and continues to argue, that the Russian Donald combo is a canard despite evidence continuing to pile up to the contrary.

If someone had said two years ago that Russia attempted to influence the election to relative success, most wouldnt think that could happen either.

I would love to see what he would do in the two months between losing a 2020 election and the January inauguration.

Trump is too incompetent to become a dictator

It's like you haven't seen this documentary.

article-2145188-131DB874000005DC-290_964x692.jpg

pretty sure someone wrote a lengthy essay around election time about how trump might try a coup; something about beefing up the Homeland Security enforcement personnel as a loyal "secret police" type force and using a state emergency to extend their jurisdictional zone to include 100 miles from the coast, which includes a large bulk of the populations and our institutions.

I would love to see what he would do in the two months between losing a 2020 election and the January inauguration.

Just to repeat one more time for the slow learners around here: I did not vote for Trump, don't particularly care for him, and am not much of a supporter. Be that as it may, I will not join the left-liberal hystericals. There are standards.

And by the way, you just may get the chance to see my response; that is, if you have not dumbed yourself into oblivion by 2020.

pretty sure someone wrote a lengthy essay around election time about how trump might try a coup; something about beefing up the Homeland Security enforcement personnel as a loyal "secret police" type force and using a state emergency to extend their jurisdictional zone to include 100 miles from the coast, which includes a large bulk of the populations and our institutions.

well if somebody actually wrote that down, then it must be the truth, so there you have it

Just to repeat one more time for the slow learners around here: I did not vote for Trump, don't particularly care for him, and am not much of a supporter. Be that as it may, I will not join the left-liberal hystericals. There are standards.

And by the way, you just may get the chance to see my response; that is, if you have not dumbed yourself into oblivion by 2020.

He was talking about the President, you egotistical dipshit.

You guys do realize that there were all kinds of loony people thinking that Obama would not cede power either.

The notion was as foolish then as it is now. I have no doubt that if there were a legal way for Trump to become "Dictator for Life", he would try to do so. The same could probably said for at least half of the presidents we have had. That job attracts megalomaniacs. It is practically a requirement.

Fortunately our founders foresaw as much.

The biggest canard around here is what you post about my views. I have always said that I don't know the truth about any collusion between Trump and the Russians during the 2016 election, am not opposed to an investigation of the question but at this time I am not convinced by the evidence that has been presented that there was any collusion.

As Danny Manning would say, you need to do better, counselor. If you keep missing obvious details like that, you will lose more cases than anyone can count, your legal career will be a flop, and you will end up in the poor house.

damn, how many canards is sailor going to unmask today? stay tuned, guys

You guys do realize that there were all kinds of loony people thinking that Obama would not cede power either.

The notion was as foolish then as it is now. I have no doubt that if there were a legal way for Trump to become "Dictator for Life", he would try to do so. The same could probably said for at least half of the presidents we have had. That job attracts megalomaniacs. It is practically a requirement.

Fortunately our founders foresaw as much.

the founders who didn't even bother to put in a term limit, you mean?

Back