• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's SCOTUS Nominee

GOP senator: Justice Kennedy is going to retire this summer

Might be Heller bullshitting to scare up some votes-I guess we'll find out in the summer?

I've said it in this thread, my biggest fear is that we lose Kennedy, Ginsburg and Breyer before the Democrats can get the Senate back. There's a non-zero chance that by the time Democrats can get control of the government again and bring it back to a state of normalcy that the SCOTUS is 7-2 ultra-conservative. 30-40 years of jurisprudence could be impacted because the GOP lost its mind in 2015 and 2016.

try the dems governed badly and had the poorest of candidates

you didn't expect to be rewarded for that did you?

Hillary Clinton had nothing to do with Garland not even getting so much as a confirmation hearing

I've said it in this thread, my biggest fear is that we lose Kennedy, Ginsburg and Breyer before the Democrats can get the Senate back. There's a non-zero chance that by the time Democrats can get control of the government again and bring it back to a state of normalcy that the SCOTUS is 7-2 ultra-conservative. 30-40 years of jurisprudence could be impacted because the GOP lost its mind in 2015 and 2016.

This is terrifying.

I thought we can’t confirm new justices until after elections? Are you suggesting Mitch McConnell wasn’t being principled? Oh my stars! #clutchespearls

I thought we can’t confirm new justices until after elections? Are you suggesting Mitch McConnell wasn’t being principled? Oh my stars! #clutchespearls

no, one of the lessons you clearly didn't learn from the 2016 election was whoever won got to pick the justices.

Back