• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TV execs admit pushing liberal agenda

So, according to some of you, liberalism is closer to fantasy than conservatism. OK, have it your way.

No, libverals are better at creating billions of dollars every year in one of America's greatest export industries.

Schikaneder to Mozart:

"Here (the Volksoper) you can do anything you want. The more fantastic, the better. That's what people want, fantasy!"

Modern liberalism, the more fantastic the better!

In general, all these circumlocutions trying to explain away the liberal dominance just sound like Al Campinaris recycled.

I'm just telling you how the business works. It doesn't even really need to be on the politics board.

Question for board conservatives. What type of scripted TV shows to you want to see that you're not getting from the liberal TV execs?

I posted this question Thursday night and still haven't gotten an answer.

sailor, are you complaining just to complain?

I am absolutely amazed that some conservative hasn't raised $500M-1B to create a conservative studio.

There is a market out there as have been shown for decades with shows like Touched By An Angel, Dawsons Creek, Walker Texas Ranger, NCIS, 24 and many others. You have movies like Die Hard, Terminator, VanDamm's, Rocky, Bruce Almighty and many others.

But conservatives are too weak in cajones to do it. Hell Arlington, let's raise money and call the studio -America's Studio and do it.

http://www.walden.com/

That's a samll version of what I proposed, but is more moderate in their outlook that what I was saying.

That's a samll version of what I proposed, but is more moderate in their outlook that what I was saying.

The TV shows and movies you pointed out all came from a large variety of networks and studios, so conservative entertainment is already being widely addressed. As you said earlier, money decides what goes on, therefore most scripted shows are even handed or subtle enough to reach as vast an audience as possible without offending the moderate majority and the reasonable. Most of the examples of liberal influence used in that article are from shows that have been off the air for years. Who the hell watched Friends and thought, "this show is so topical and political"? The only people complaining about political influence in television are the fringe, and wgaf about them anyway?

Last edited:
This is why Andrew Breitbart, for all of his faults, is 100% correct in his assessment that all Americans are default liberals from an early age. We're indoctrinated with default liberalism from day 1, that's why Fox News, Breitbart and Rush scare liberals.

This is why Andrew Breitbart, for all of his faults, is 100% correct in his assessment that all Americans are default liberals from an early age. We're indoctrinated with default liberalism from day 1, that's why Fox News, Breitbart and Rush scare liberals.

At the time of the american Revolution the founding Fathers were among the most liberal politicinas in world history.

At the time of the american Revolution the founding Fathers were among the most liberal politicinas in world history.

This country was also stolen from Indians and built on the backs of African slaves. Thomas Jefferson was having sex with his slaves during his presidency and fathering bastard children. Your MSNBC "liberality" means something completely different now than it did then.

Last edited:
You can't judge another time on today's rules. Just because you'd like to make them fit by your concepts of today doesn't mean you are being legitimate.

The conservatives of the revolutionary time wanted to stay part of England.

You can't judge another time on today's rules. Just because you'd like to make them fit by your concepts of today doesn't mean you are being legitimate.

The conservatives of the revolutionary time wanted to stay part of England.

As it relates to time, there were, and are no "rules". There is what you say you're going to do, and what you actually do. It wasn't ok to be a hypocrite then, and it's not ok now. The right and left in this country are both full of liars and assholes, just as the country was full of liars and assholes when it was founded. I understand that this is a politics board, but it seems as if your intention with every created thread or post is to start a pissing match between pubs and dems. The self-righteous, hypocritical religious right had as much a hand in founding this country as the self-righteous, hypocritical liberals you speak of.

Last edited:

Rupert Murdoch has made a killing off conservatives in his news division. If there was the market to do the same in his network TV division, don't you think he'd do it? Instead, his network has easily been the least conservative network with hallmark shows like The Simpsons, Married...with Children, In Living Color, That 70s Show, and now Glee which wins all kinds of awards from the LGBT community.

I asked the question 3 days ago and still haven't gotten an answer. What type of scripted TV shows do conservatives want to see that you're not getting from the liberal TV execs?

As it relates to time, there were, and are no "rules". There is what you say you're going to do, and what you actually do. It wasn't ok to be a hypocrite then, and it's not ok now. The right and left in this country are both full of liars and assholes, just as the country was full of liars and assholes when it was founded. I understand that this is a politics board, but it seems as if your intention with every created thread or post is to start a pissing match between pubs and dems. The self-righteous, hypocritical religious right had as much a hand in founding this country as the self-righteous, hypocritical liberals you speak of.

Absolutely false.

Just because this doesn't fit into what you want doesn't make it that I'm trying to start something. It's a matter of historical fact that the Founding Fathers of the United States were the most liberal thinkers of their time.

That their positons today wouldn't be consdidered as liberal as they were then is irrelevant.

Today, even most conservatives could care less about interracial dating and marriage. Hell, even Clarence Thomas has an interracial marriage.

When I was at Wake, it was a supreme no no to date much less marry a person of another race.

In less than a liftetime, the concept of what is "liberal" has changed 180 degrees on this issue.

You have to view people in the times in which they lived not twenty or fifty or a hundred or two hundred and thirty years later.

Our country was founded on the principle that all men are created equal, and the majority of the founding father owned African slaves. It was hypocritical then. They slaughtered Native Americans, or forced them off their fertile lands onto desolate reservations in the midwest, where they were forced to become Christians and learn a new language. That wasn't "ok" then. People have the grandest political ideologies, and continue to do stupid, terrible things. The fighting between the right and left in this country is prototypical pot-kettle debate.

What does that have to do with this conversation? Conservatives and Democrats are both equally good at making shitty television. The claim that success of television programming hinges upon liberal influence is stupid. Keep your pissing match out of it; tv is tv.

Last edited:
Rupert Murdoch has made a killing off conservatives in his news division. If there was the market to do the same in his network TV division, don't you think he'd do it? Instead, his network has easily been the least conservative network with hallmark shows like The Simpsons, Married...with Children, In Living Color, That 70s Show, and now Glee which wins all kinds of awards from the LGBT community.

I asked the question 3 days ago and still haven't gotten an answer. What type of scripted TV shows do conservatives want to see that you're not getting from the liberal TV execs?

Therein lies the problem and why Breitbart is right, the median in this country is default liberal.

The Founding Fathers didn't put Native Americans on reservations.

I'm not saying people aren't hypocritical or don't continue to do stupid things. All i've said is at the time of the American Revolution the Founding Fathers weer extremely liberal or if you feel better about it progressive.

In fact if today's congress would live by the hypocrisy that allowed slavery into the Constitution, we'd be much better off.

Before somes idiot says,"RJ supports slavery", I'll dumb it down for them.

Whereas most of the nothern states were willing and ready to end slavery, the only way they coluld get the southern states join them in the revolution to allow slavery to continue.

Today, the GOP won't consider the rational position of returning tax rates to the Clinton rates. If they did, they could demand many cuts from the Dems that aren't on the table.

If the Dems put raising the age for Social Security on the table, the Republicans would have to join them in something(of course I don't think they would. The current GOP would see this as weakness zAnd not negotiate).

The above is why I have steadfastly said we need a strong third party. We need someone like Bloomberg to fund it at the beginning. If there was a third party that could keep both parties from acting like the children they have been, it would be much better for our nation.

But keep saying I have "MSNBC liberality" or whatever you delusions are. If you post it a thousand times more it will never make it so.

Last edited:
Therein lies the problem and why Breitbart is right, the median in this country is default liberal.

What's the problem? Are you saying that Murdoch is willfully leaving money on the table by ignoring the programming needs of conservatives?

And please answer my question, Go. You and I probably agree on TV shows more than most on here.

Brietbart is a POS who lies and lies and lies some more. I hope the lady his lies got fired bankrupts him. He no interest in truth and intentionally falsely edits all the time.

He is a VERY bad person.

Fox News has nothing to do with news.

Back