• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TV for snobbish cynical people

Real talk: Great British Baking Show and High Maintenance for shows that are on currently

I'm pretty close to OP's mindset on television. I'll add a show I've really enjoyed more than I thought I would: HBO's Veep.

Need to check out The Wire. I've spent years convincing my wife to like Archer. She has trouble getting over the fact it's animated. I've come back at her with 'do you really want to see real people act some of this stuff out?'

If you can get over a wimpy Steve Bushemi being a mob boss, then Boardwalk Empire is pretty dope. Lots of violence and tits to hold your interest. Its I think three seasons in, and with the rise of a young Al Capone, things are possibly still going to get better.

Oh man. How I thought the same thing, and how disappointed I was. Darmody's mom was just SO bad. Gyp Rosetti was the only aspect of that show I liked past the 2nd season. Looking back, it definitely needed more Narcisse/Jeffery Wright.

Sherlock is a great answer to the OP since it isn't too much of an investment. Each season is practically 3 different movies with a little carry-over. It sounds perfect for you.

People rave about Bojack Horseman, but I haven't seen it.

Last edited:
Peaky Blinders is the best show not named on this thread.

that's because it's a 3yr old thread.

i want to know what skydog ended up watching and what he thought of it.

The wire, best ever made
Fargo, seasons 1 and 2
Bloodline, season 1 is great
House of cards, British version
Extras
Office, British

Fargo Season 2 is the best thing on TV in the last five years

I can't recommend it enough

Back