• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TV for snobbish cynical people

You people watch a lot of TV.

Louie is the realest show ever made. Watch it.

Yeah Louie is excellent. It is super (and hilariously) uncomfortable at times. If Lena Dunham could guest star on Louie, or vice-versa and have both of those fatties have some sort of prolonged fully nude sexual encounter, I think the universe might break.

As odd as it sounds, I think a lot of doctors say that about Scrubs, too. Some of the creators were doctors, so I think some of the story lines are their experiences as med students and residents.

this is actually the show i would recommend (not that i am a doctor), even though he seems to be going for more serious shows. i think the first few seasons especially are plenty poignant though. the last season never happened, fyi.

As odd as it sounds, I think a lot of doctors say that about Scrubs, too. Some of the creators were doctors, so I think some of the story lines are their experiences as med students and residents.

Great call - Scrubs is fantastic up until the last few seasons (basically everything until JD had his kid).

Try Sherlock. It's short (2 seasons with 3 episodes each). The episodes are 90 minutes each. I really enjoyed it. Season 3 is shooting sometime soon.

Sherlock is outstanding.

I can't help you if you think the Wire is too contrived (I know you haven't tried it yet). The creators literally lived on the streets of baltimore to research it and I have heard multiple prosecutors, cops etc. say it is about as realistic as TV gets.

Yeah, I don't think your worries about The Wire are accurate. I would definitely give that one a go.

Most shows are written to go on and on and on which really screws up the plot. They basically have to keep coming up with dumb reasons to keep the storyline going (ala Lost). While the first 2 seasons of American Horror Story may not be your cup of tea at least they are making an attempt at keeping 1 theme per season.

Back