• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TWC: new channel lineup

towelie99

Reaction score
There is a special place in hell for whoever signed off on this

I have the same channel 3-4 places in the new guide, sure why not?

enjoy it while you can, because your Comcast overlords are coming for you

I'll reserve judgment until I get Knight's nuanced take.

Does this affect my DirecTV lineup? My WFMY 2 is channel 2, WGHP 8 is 8, WXII 12 is 12 and WXLV 45 is 45. They won't become something that names no sense, right?

Does this affect my DirecTV lineup? My WFMY 2 is channel 2, WGHP 8 is 8, WXII 12 is 12 and WXLV 45 is 45. They won't become something that names no sense, right?

Are you serious, Clark?

Did they add ESPN12? If so you can watch amateur darts and Wake Forest basketball next year.

I can’t find my way around the new line-up. I now go to the 300s for ESPN, and then I am at a loss and resort to the single digits like it is 1985

Did they add ESPN12? If so you can watch amateur darts and Wake Forest basketball next year.

No, but they moved ESPNU way down on the guide below a bunch of crap and the high school sports channels. It used to be ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU all in a row so you could hit the guide and easily see what games were on. Now you have to scroll all over the place. Morons.

No, but they moved ESPNU way down on the guide below a bunch of crap and the high school sports channels. It used to be ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU all in a row so you could hit the guide and easily see what games were on. Now you have to scroll all over the place. Morons.

This is definitely my biggest peeve with the new lineup. In general, stuff just seems way more spread out than it was before, which is crazy since I think the point was to make it more compact and easier.

Yes, so much yes. Why are the fox sports channels not right after all the espn channels? Why is FXX not right next to FX?

There is a special place in hell for whoever signed off on this

I have the same channel 3-4 places in the new guide, sure why not?

I don't get this - it used to be those were different resolutions, but now if you tune to say, any of the CBS stations, you'll get HD if you support it. They don't need separate channels anymore.

I don't get this - it used to be those were different resolutions, but now if you tune to say, any of the CBS stations, you'll get HD if you support it. They don't need separate channels anymore.

Of course not, but doing it this way allows them to claim 200+ Channels or 300+ Channels in their various cable packages, while a lot of those channels are the exact same.

Yep. Went to look for Clemson NIT game last night on the U and noticed that. I think ESPNUHD is 370 now, but ESPN is 300, ESPN2 is 301, ESPN News is 302. WTF? Used to be able to see all the HBO HD channels on 1 screen on the channel guide. They mixed those up a little too. #firstworldproblems

What's the reason for changing it now? They already had them grouped with the last channel lineup shift. Sports in the 1500s, HBO, etc. in the 1700s, news channels in the low 1400s.

I did like how for the Olympics they grouped all the NBC owned channels together so it was easy to switch back and forth for coverage. Hopefully they do something like that for NCAA tournament.

102 for tbs, 103 for tnt, 112 for trutv, and 1209 for cbs

What's the reason for changing it now? They already had them grouped with the last channel lineup shift. Sports in the 1500s, HBO, etc. in the 1700s, news channels in the low 1400s.

This is definitely the part I don't understand. Things were already well grouped. They've re-grouped now, which would be fine, except the groupings seem to make less sense than they made before the change (e.g., ESPNU being far away from the other ESPN channels). It's also annoying in that I'd like to stay in the 100-900 range, since that's where most of the channels are, but then unlike before all the basic networks aren't in that range -- you have to either go with the 0-25 or all the way up to 1200.

RTQ WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?

Just set up a Favorite Channels list. That way you don't have to go through all the channels you don't watch or don't have.

Back