• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two movies- Pain & Gain The Company You Keep

You seriously don't read much of what I post. I know a bit about writing comedy, especially farce and satire.

Basing this on reality really limited the satiric possibilities and they failed.

You frequently get upset when the Jewish faith is demeaned in any way. I personally thought their treatment of Judaism was somewhat offensive (the same as their treatment of Christianity).

total BS. Yep, I get upset when people use Nazi symbols, but I've probably made more Jewish jokes than the rest of the board combined. You are getting very lazy.

I found Johnson's "funny" attempts at converting Shaloub a comedic attempt that get an F in film writing 101 for text and delivery. When you go that far overboard, you have to be on the mark or it falls flat and very badly.

Last edited:
Of course I'm lazy. Otherwise I wouldn't be a fatty that knows gym culture.

I enjoyed the movie. It didn't deserve any awards but it was worth the price of admission and 2+ hours of my time. Of course how valuable can that really be based on how much of it I waste on here.

You seriously don't read much of what I post. I know a bit about writing comedy, especially farce and satire.

Basing this on reality really limited the satiric possibilities and they failed.
The first part of this statement is true. You have damn near 27,000 posts. I'm glad to say I have not read most of them. The second part may be true too, though I know Salmon Fishing in the Yemen was one of your favorite movies of last year, and that was one of the most safe, visually drab, non-descript excuses for a movie I've ever seen. So based on that, I doubt your comedic sensibilities are in line at all with mine.

And on the reality thing I will say you are incorrect, the film succeeds in part because it is based on true events.

Last edited:
For all I know you are a Greek god who makes Dwayne Johnson weep when he remembers working out next you.

What was lazy and offensive was your thoughts on my actions about my faith. The ONLY times I've ever said anything is when the Nazi thing is used. That's it!

You made that the rule and are dramatically wrong and won't even entertain the fact you could wrong about this.

For all I know you are a Greek god who makes Dwayne Johnson weep when he remembers working out next you.

I was referring to the tag.

What was lazy and offensive was your thoughts on my actions about my faith. The ONLY times I've ever said anything is when the Nazi thing is used. That's it!

Well, that sort of sticks out in my mind. I sincerely apologize if I offended you.

You made that the rule and are dramatically wrong and won't even entertain the fact you could wrong about this.

That's lazy and offensive.

375160_688701205765_1153579546_n.jpg

I never read tags.

Multiple times I told you the same things about "lazy". I explained why I used the word and you just admitted it was actually correct. The only thing you thought about was the one thing that was loud.

All's well. Thanks.

It popped up in my newsfeed from a guy down here in Naples that is obsessed with working out.

Fortunately, I don't have anything worth stealing so I'm not worried he might try and kidnap me.

Satires and spoofs along with spy movies are favorite genres.

Back