• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two soccer questions

FWIW, I'm not trashing soccer. Or don't mean to. Tim Howard is the man. End of story.

I love the 7th grade girl analogy to the posters on this board. That's really rich considering who we're discussing.

I didn't ask for RJ to be banned. Who the hell can take a 7th grade girl seriously. Think about it. He tells me to off myself. I laugh at him. He claims I'm whining. I laugh at him again. Others call him out. He tells them he reserves the right to attack whenever he feels slighted to defend what he did. He's literally announcing that he'll pull the 7th grade girl power move if he thinks anyone is coming after him. Just one problem with that notion - folks have to give a shit for it to matter.

It was only after it was clear most thought he'd crossed a line that he said he was wrong. Another 7th grade girl move.

Did you care when you read what he posted? Did it bother you?

So much this in this thread...

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
Tim Cahill's no bounce kick was awesome. That's what the MLS does to you. #RealNiceSoccer

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
Despite the shutout with the Mexicans, it looks like Brazil Soccer Club ain't going home any time soon. #WorldCup #SalsaBoys

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
COMPLETION WHISTLE! The victory points are America's as they thrash Ghana Soccer Club 2 to 1. #usa #soccer

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
Felony foam is out, chance for the cross pass here for the #USMNT

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
GOALSHOT! France are a river of soccer wetness right now, sweeping away Hondurass with their real nice soccer plays. In Seine soccer.

Did you care when you read what he posted? Did it bother you?

Oh heavens yes. I came this close to taking his advice. :rolleyes:

Just go back and read the thread and how I reacted. I didn't get into it other than to call a spade a spade - immature. Actually wish I'd thought of your 7th grade girl analogy myself. It fits.

So much this in this thread...

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
Tim Cahill's no bounce kick was awesome. That's what the MLS does to you. #RealNiceSoccer

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
Despite the shutout with the Mexicans, it looks like Brazil Soccer Club ain't going home any time soon. #WorldCup #SalsaBoys

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
COMPLETION WHISTLE! The victory points are America's as they thrash Ghana Soccer Club 2 to 1. #usa #soccer

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
Felony foam is out, chance for the cross pass here for the #USMNT

Soccer Guy @usasoccerguy
GOALSHOT! France are a river of soccer wetness right now, sweeping away Hondurass with their real nice soccer plays. In Seine soccer.

No mention of a goaltender? Fail.

Yeah, bitches are mean as fuck now. This is newborn kitten shit compared to what those crazy bitches do to each other.

Cyberbullying is real. Stories about girls committing suicide because of what other girls post about them really make you think

Thankfully we are grown but you don't know what people are going through. DeacMan may have suicidal thoughts. Who knows if something like this could drive him over the edge? We've all got to treat each other better.

Oh heavens yes. I came this close to taking his advice. :rolleyes:

Just go back and read the thread and how I reacted. I didn't get into it other than to call a spade a spade - immature. Actually wish I'd thought of your 7th grade girl analogy myself. It fits.

You misunderstand. I wasn't suggesting you were actually offended- just the opposite. It didn't bother you in the slightest, because, you know, its a post on a message board and you aren't a 7th grade girl. So why the fuck does anyone else care enough to ask for him to be banned?

rj is an interesting guy. He told me that I will be a bad father 5 days after the birth if my newborn son. I think for the most part most of is take him for what he is.

you son of a bitch i have two questions for you are you ready for THUNDER and LIGHTNING mofuggie

put-up-your-dukes.jpg

Cyberbullying is real. Stories about girls committing suicide because of what other girls post about them really make you think

Thankfully we are grown but you don't know what people are going through. DeacMan may have suicidal thoughts. Who knows if something like this could drive him over the edge? We've all got to treat each other better.

No more Stan gable baldy jokes!!!?????

You misunderstand. I wasn't suggesting you were actually offended- just the opposite. It didn't bother you in the slightest, because, you know, its a post on a message board and you aren't a 7th grade girl. So why the fuck does anyone else care enough to ask for him to be banned?

Ask them. But what difference does it make really? The mods decided to suspend him for three days. Are your knickers really in a big twist about it? The world kept spinning. He'll be back.

Isn't the larger issue that telling anyone to off themselves is inappropriate. Sure I didn't give a crap. But someone else might if it were directed at them - one of two very good points made by Ph.

Seems like RJ acknowledged it crossed a line - all be it not to me. But at least he seems to get that point. And I'm past it.

Last edited:
Back