• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two tiered elections proposed in KS/AZ , others states to follow

Yes, because suppressing the illegal alien vote is so horrible. Gimme a break.

When the movement toward e-voting happens, I'm sure you all will be all for it so long as you're winning elections, even though that will probably be the most insecure voting method to date and the one easiest to exploit. God forbid we put any checks on that to insure the sanctity of the vote because, absent evidence of vote tampering, it just isn't gonna happen, right? I do seem to remember you all barking about the electronic voting machines that were all buggy whenever you perceived that they benefited Bush or had the potential to because some Republican owned stock in the company that made them.

You should probably base your responses to my posts on what I actually post, rather than what you think that I really want to post.....and, as I said, everything in that post was totally relevant to the discussion at hand.

I, for one, appreciate your new found effort to stay on topic.

When the movement toward e-voting happens, I'm sure you all will be all for it so long as you're winning elections, even though that will probably be the most insecure voting method to date and the one easiest to exploit. God forbid we put any checks on that to insure the sanctity of the vote because, absent evidence of vote tampering, it just isn't gonna happen, right? I do seem to remember you all barking about the electronic voting machines that were all buggy whenever you perceived that they benefited Bush or had the potential to because some Republican owned stock in the company that made them.

If I had a choice between political grandstanding and a waste of time and money vs. allowing some illegal immigrants to vote and thereby ensuring an accurate representation of the electorate a la the Census, I'd choose the latter every time.

Sanctity of the vote, sanctity of the borders, sanctity of marriage, blah blah blah. None of this is about sanctity. It's about keeping people out who aren't like you.

ETA: And thereby marginalizing their influence as long as you can.

If I had a choice between political grandstanding and a waste of time and money vs. allowing some illegal immigrants to vote and thereby ensuring an accurate representation of the electorate a la the Census, I'd choose the latter every time.

Sanctity of the vote, sanctity of the borders, sanctity of marriage, blah blah blah. None of this is about sanctity. It's about keeping people out who aren't like you.

ETA: And thereby marginalizing their influence as long as you can.

I assume Kansas and Arizona won't ask for federal funding to implement this little exercise because they have budget surpluses, and that anyone living in other states are more than happy to contribute (their federal tax dollars) to this courageous effort to save America from Pedro, right.

Last edited:

There is no illegal alien vote. When did you lose it this badly? That's batshit crazy talk.

How do illegal immigrants vote btw?

i thought we were supposed to stay on topic? :)

You should be ecstatic that you can vote electronically rather than run the gauntlet of union thugs and black panthers that are suppressing the conservative, white vote.

You can't be serious regarding the bolded part.

I'm completely serious. The brown folks are here. They're not going anywhere. Deal with it.

(And by deal with it, I don't mean create more layers of government to suppress them.)

You have lost your mind. there is no evidence of non-citizens voting.

You have lost your mind. there is no evidence of non-citizens voting.

Not so fast my friend...

“I think the president, even by executive order, could again wave his magic wand before 2014 and he'd say now all of the new, legal Americans are going to have voting rights. Why do I say that? He did it in 2012! Do you remember? Anyone who was here as a Latina under, ah, age 30, he said, ‘You get to vote.’ What? He decides you get to vote? If he did it 2012, know — take it to the bank — he'll do in 2014.”

-Michelle Bachmann

That's evidence isn't it?

I fail to see how any reasonable person can look at these kinds of proposals and not see them as driven by strictly partisan vote suppression. It's not like anyone has even made a secret of that as the objective.

p.s - fwiw I have some personal experience with Kris Kobach. He's a pretty nasty person (and it has nothing to do with his politics).

#SmallGovernment

but they don't have the balls to say it. just say it elc.

finally, something i'm fairly certain the founders would've agreed on

Back