• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two words

Big time win against Western Carolina. Lol

But ECU has been better than us for awhile now. Just reality

I like how you point out that ECU's win was over a strong Western Carolina, are you trying to suggest that Tulane is going to be a 8-9 win FBS school going bowling? You guys should have steamrolled Tulane considering it is year 3 of Clawson and his prodigy Wolford. Clawson is reminding me so much of Ted Roof with Duke. Maybe this means you guys will get your 'Cutcliffe' savior with the next hire.

UVA football is in a similar situation as Wake hoops. UVA is traditionally a football school. They've only been good in hoops in the 1980s and 2010s. And most UVA folks historically would acknowledge being more into football than hoops (and frankly, the fan base is much more knowledgeable on football than hoops). But this is what 2 successive bad football coaches will do for you. Groh actually started out okay, but then his abrasiveness, amongst other things, pissed off VA HS coaches, and in his last few years, he couldn't recruit the state of VA (which is a pretty good state for recruiting). And London didn't recruit the state that well, and he was probably the worst clock manager I've ever seen. Mendenhall is a really good football coach and did great things at BYU. But he took over a total shite program with little talent to work with. It'll take a few years to get back on track, and I don't know that they will get back on track. Add to that ODU has moved to 1A and will be vying for some of those top 30 VA recruits along with Tech, UVA and UNC and will probably entice some of those 757 folks to stay close to home. UVA and Mendenhall have a tough row to hoe. I'm not sure if either Wake hoops or UVA football will ever get back to where they were.

He was terrible with the clock - always wondered why he didn't get one of his assistants to take over that role. He was a terrible head coach, but apparently a very good person - does a lot for charity and the University - too bad he wasn't a good head coach - should probably stick with being an assistant

So far the Pirates O running up and down the field on NcSt8te D. Yet our O in year 3 looks like crap. Montgomery has had 6 months....

So far the Pirates O running up and down the field on NcSt8te D. Yet our O in year 3 looks like crap. Montgomery has had 6 months....

ECU rushed for 150 yds. Wake rushed for 240 yds. Best thing is we want have to hear from Meal Ticket for at least another week.

Yeah, the ECU argument isn't MT's strongest -- ECU's O was pretty great pre-Montgomery, unlike ours pre-Clawson

Back