• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TX Using Scientific "Lennie" Test To Determine If People Are Retarded Enough To Live

How many fingers am I holding up? (holds up three)

Ah, you two>

That's close enough, kill the guy.

i know a guy named lennie who i am pretty sure is mentally retarded

I know a guy named Dented who i am pretty sure is mentally retarded

By the way, Atkins was wrongly decided. The 8th Amendment prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment." The discussion of the 8th amendment at the time of the founding indicates that this language was obviously targeting torture. To conclude that it is "cruel and unusual" to execute the retarded--who, by definition, have already been convicted by a jury of their peers of committing a capital crime--is yet another example of modern judicial rule by fiat. If a state wants to execute retarded people who have committed capital crimes, it should be allowed to. It's neither cruel nor unusual according to the manner in which those terms were understood at the time of the founding.

Back