• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ty Walker update

Photo1.jpg

close to unreadable, but remarkable in one breath he said, “I’ve been dealt probably the worst hand anyone can ever be dealt in a collegiate basketball career.” and then in the next breath “I blamed a lot of things on a lot of other people instead of taking responsibility for my actions.”

close to unreadable, but remarkable in one breath he said, “I’ve been dealt probably the worst hand anyone can ever be dealt in a collegiate basketball career.” and then in the next breath “I blamed a lot of things on a lot of other people instead of taking responsibility for my actions.”
From my reading of it, the first quote was from years ago. The writer was drawing a contrast to show that Walker has grown up.

I can't think of many former Deacs who are less deserving of a thread.

Try reading next time.

Ty Walker, two years ago after a suspension ended his Wake Forest career: “I’ve been dealt probably the worst hand anyone can ever be dealt in a collegiate basketball career.”

Walker on Thursday, when asked about his college career: “I blamed a lot of things on a lot of other people instead of taking responsibility for my actions.”

Don't blame the article for the reader's inability.

"When it comes to Xs and Os, he’s basically a genius."

-Ty Walker on Jeff [Redacted]

Right. Don't misread that as a [Redacted] defense. Just pointing out that Ty's initial judgments are wrong about absolutely everything. Often hysterically.

Try reading next time.

Ty Walker, two years ago after a suspension ended his Wake Forest career: “I’ve been dealt probably the worst hand anyone can ever be dealt in a collegiate basketball career.”

Walker on Thursday, when asked about his college career: “I blamed a lot of things on a lot of other people instead of taking responsibility for my actions.”

First, it is still virtually unreadable. Second, you are right first quote is actually from two years ago, but I had to google it to be sure. I read it as that is him talking about his suspension two years ago which makes sense in that every other quote in the article is from a sit down interview with the writer. He should have sourced the quote from two years ago (Wilmington News), especially since the writer actually took chunks of that article verbatim and slapped it in his blog. Some folks call that plagiarism. I do too.

My favorite quote from that article, "they have never seen that type of athleticism ever overseas"-Ty Walker talking about his own athleticism. Must be proud to be the most athletic player to ever play in Poland.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Another quote some may remember," all he needs to do is run the floor, keep his attitude up and with his length he can get 7-9 rebounds and 3-5 baskets on putbacks and he will be a great contributor to this team" ( that is paraphrased). Ty could not even do that. Well at least he is still getting a chance.

Gets cut in France, claims they've never seen his athleticism overseas. Also claims that Wake only wanted him to be a shot blocker, but he was much more than that... Umm no. No you were not.

Gets cut in France, claims they've never seen his athleticism overseas. Also claims that Wake only wanted him to be a shot blocker, but he was much more than that... Umm no. No you were not.

Still delusional. And it is really sad. He had a unique combination of ridiculous length and mobility. With a good head on his shoulders and a lot of hard work in the weight room and on skills, he could have been a really good player.

Any chance Buzz brings the big guy back to be a grad assistant? We can elevate Rusty to top assistant and RC to shooting coach! Boom - problems solved. I hear Ty can really break down game film!

Back