• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tyree Appleby in the Wake Basketball record books

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score

ACC Individual Leaders
Scoring (All Games) - 18.8 (8th season a Deac has led in scoring, first since Josh Howard with 19.5 in 2003)
Scoring (ACC Games) - 18.8 (5th season a Deac has led in scoring, first since John Collins with 20.3 in 2017)
Assists (All Games) - 6.4 (6th season a Deac has led in scoring, first since Ish Smith with 6.0 in 2007)
Assists (ACC Games) - 7.0 (3rd season a Deac has led in scoring, first since Alondes Williams with 5.7 in 2022)

Note: Appleby had one fewer steal than leader Judah Mintz

Wake Forest Leaders
Single Game Scoring - 35 vs. UNC tied with Rodney Rogers, Skip Brown, Charlie Davis (3), and Len Chappell
Single Half Scoring - 25 vs. UNC (2nd half) tied with Justin Gray, Tim Duncan, Rod Griffin, Charlie Davis, and Len Chappell
Season Scoring - 622 (16th) passed Charlie Davis (soph), Tim Duncan (jr), Darius Songalia (sr), and Josh Howard (sr)
Career Scoring Average - 18.8 (10th) passed Randolph Childress, Jack Williams, and Tim Duncan

Single Game Free Throws - 23 vs. UNC (1st) ahead of Dickie Hemric
Single Game Free Throw Attempts - 28 vs. UNC (1st) ahead of Dickie Hemric
Season Free Throws - 173 (13th)
Season Free Throw Attempts - 211 (23rd)
Career Free Throw Percentage - 82.0 (12th)

Single Game Three-Point Attempts - 15 vs. Miami (ACCT)
Single Game Three-Point Attempts - 14 at Syracuse
Season Three-Pointers - 77 (8th) tied with Robert O'Kelley (fr)
Season Three-Point Attempts - 214 (9th)

Single Game Assists - 12 vs. Syracuse (ACCT) tied with Muggsy Bogues (8 games), Danny Young (1), Skip Brown (4), Len Chappell (1)
Single Game Assists - 11 vs. UNC tied with 18 games including Alondes, Ish, CP, Childress
Season Assists - 212 (in 33 games) tied with CP's soph year (in 32 games)
Single Game Turnovers - 12 at Miami (1st) ahead of Robert O'Kelley and Jerry Schellenberg
Career Assist/Turnover Ratio (min. 200 asts) - 1.88 (7th behind Skip Brown, Muggsy, Danny Young, CP, Ervin Murray, and Derrick McQueen)

Season Steals - 58 (13th) tied with Jeff Teague (so) and Josh Howard (so)

Season Minutes - 1210 (2nd) behind Randolph Childress (sr)
Games Started - 33 (9th) tied with 11 players

20 points/10 assists in a game - 35/11 vs. UNC

Single Season Points per Game by Transfer - 18.8 (1st)
Single Season Assists per Game by Transfer - 6.4 (1st)
Single Season Steals per Game by Transfer - 1.8 (1st)
Single Season Minutes per Game by Transfer - 36.7 (1st)
Single Season Starts by Transfer - 33 (3rd) tied with Austin Arias and Jake LaRavia
Single Season Total Points by Transfer - 622 (2nd) behind Alondes Williams
Career Steals by Transfer - 58 (2nd) behind Anthony Tucker
Career Made Three-Pointers by Transfer - 77 (4th)
Career Made Free Throws by Transfer - 173 (2nd) behind Anthony Tucker
Career Starts by Transfer - 33 (9th) tied with Austin Arias and Jake LaRavia
Career Free Throw Percentage by Transfer - .820 (4th)

Was his scoring average for the season and for just ACC games really both 18.8? That’s wild.

Was his scoring average for the season and for just ACC games really both 18.8? That’s wild.

Yeah. According to The ACC, yeah. By my math, he had 18.909 OOC and 18.818 in the ACC.

Wow. That was one amazing season by Tyree. Too bad the supporting cast wasn't a little bigger and better so he could take them farther.

Regular night. Hoops on TV wasn’t dominating my interests and I was curious. Honestly, it took a lot longer than I thought because I didn’t realize he made so many lists.

Was posted on the other thread earlier - seasons like this and Alondes’ deserve some kind of special recognition. At the least an ACC POY banner is appropriate.
I think this is probably a good idea. A few banners with lists of accolades like ACC POY, 1st team all conference, NPOY, All-American. Do one or two for the lady Deacs too. Though I suspect Hamby and Spear will be in the rafters themselves.

I've always liked the distinction between a retired jersey and honored.

Honored doesn't need to be in the rafters. Just create space in the joel.

Was posted on the other thread earlier - seasons like this and Alondes’ deserve some kind of special recognition. At the least an ACC POY banner is appropriate.

I never thought I would agree with this, but I would support it just to see the outrage for a few people.

I think this is probably a good idea. A few banners with lists of accolades like ACC POY, 1st team all conference, NPOY, All-American. Do one or two for the lady Deacs too. Though I suspect Hamby and Spear will be in the rafters themselves.
I agree but probably not for 1st team all conference. That would be too much. Definitely for POY, ROY, COY, 1st team All-American

I was surprised when I looked at the free throw list to learn that of the 10 highest individual single-season FT totals in WF history, 8 of them occurred more than 50 years ago

I agree but probably not for 1st team all conference. That would be too much. Definitely for POY, ROY, COY, 1st team All-American
Throw that in, too. I think we could hang enough big banners around the upper level to cover up all the empty seats until we can get a smaller on campus arena.

Back